Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

My deepest apologies

• Thread starter Dutch Grenadier
  • Start date
D

Dutch Grenadier

Guys,

You may have noticed my absence for the last few weeks. My PTSD and ADHD are in conflict with eachother so my mind is constantly exploding. Next to that I went back to pick up my old sport (Jiu Jitsu/kick boxing) again and I'm training about 2-3 times a week. I also lost a little interest in the game but I do hope that the new addition will keep me going.

This does have a few consequences:

-the Final Stand campaign will be dropped. I can't find the time and rest to get it going. I lost track of some things in this campaign and it is hard for me at this point to get it back on track.

I wish to thank Doug @fabishd for doing a insanely great job!!! ~applause~
and @General Specific , @Pallebahtep , @Floki , @PhilM @Hedgehog @poesel71 for your commitment.

I hope that the Final Blitzkrieg will be great and yes there will be new campaign in the future (like I said my mind is exploding at the moment).

Again sorry for my sudden absence!

Greetings,
Bram

Hey @Dutch Grenadier.......no worries mate I had a great time while it lasted. The immersion of having a field command was very realistic even thought it is all pixel troops that fight for me. I can't imagine all the time and effort it takes to put on an operation like this so I appreciate the experience.

Cheers!

Guys,

You may have noticed my absence for the last few weeks. My PTSD and ADHD are in conflict with eachother so my mind is constantly exploding. Next to that I went back to pick up my old sport (Jiu Jitsu/kick boxing) again and I'm training about 2-3 times a week. I also lost a little interest in the game but I do hope that the new addition will keep me going.

This does have a few consequences:

-the Final Stand campaign will be dropped. I can't find the time and rest to get it going. I lost track of some things in this campaign and it is hard for me at this point to get it back on track.

I wish to thank Doug @fabishd for doing a insanely great job!!! ~applause~
and @General Specific , @Pallebahtep , @Floki , @PhilM @Hedgehog @poesel71 for your commitment.

I hope that the Final Blitzkrieg will be great and yes there will be new campaign in the future (like I said my mind is exploding at the moment).

Again sorry for my sudden absence!

Greetings,
Bram

Thank you so much for your dedicated effort to the Final Stand Campaign.

More importantly great job in your resiliency to keep yourself in good order. Keep up the good fight to maintain yourself. I hope all is well for your family also.

If you do start up another campaign, please keep me in mind for the same kind of role that I played in this one. I was enjoying it immensely.

Thanks guys! I knew you would understand. I do not have the intention of leaving this club. I've been here for ages already. for the record I'm feeling fine but my mind is just to full... All is well on the homefront ;)

Right said Ted ;) (couldn't do any better): Sorry to hear about your problems mate - take care and speedy recovery to your old self! :cool:

Bram, - even without the PTSD - it is a scientifc fact that many men of our age suffer from a kind of stress
that caused by too many things going on beside the work.

It is scientifically proven that too many freetime activities (Flames of War, JiuJitsu, your sons/family) plus meeting friends and caring for all the social contacts can become a kind of inner stress. Shift one gear down (or two). ;)
And my personal good advice which helped me personally a lot with all that f**ck** politics, open borders, refugee invasion and terror madness: Just stop watchingTV. Seriously - it works. :cool:

Hey man

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you take (and get) the opportunity to slow down as much as needed for a speedy recovery :)

Thank you so much for running this Campaign, you did awesome work on it - I loved every minute I was involved despite coming at it late. The level of immersion created (with the AWESOME help of @fabishd) made me enjoy CM at a whole new level.

Thanks again

@Dutch Grenadier,

Best of wishes with a speedy recovery, and thank you so much for putting together one of the most fun campaign's I've had the privilege of being a part of in my short time here at FGM. I will be leaving the country for a few months, so until then I wish you the best and the promise that I look forward to seeing you again on the battlefield :)

GS

Stress... I live on it man.... nah Bram you are a friend on my Facebook and you can see the balancing I have to do... hectic social life and even more hectic online life.

It does get to ya every now and again and Ive noticed if I take my eye of the ball from the online stuff man its hard ot get back into top gear.

I have a new campaign coming soon but will for sure have a look at what you have been doing in the final stand as it appears to have worked very well.

Thanks for being straight up about the campaign... other clubs would have said nothing and let it drift away. I appreciate honesty meaning we can clear the decks. Take care pal.

Shane

Take care and come back stronger and you have a support family right here in FGM.

Back