Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Oh crap! Let Me Off! Let Me Off Right Now!

My salute to most of the pilots to land that huge beasts during strong sidewinds or on tarmacs what are layed out in a very difficult manner!

Greetings :)

I flew from Scotland into Belfast City airport about 10 years ago and the plane was getting thrown about in a storm and we landed sideways... a woman beside me had her rosary beads out and was giving it the full hail marys... talk about crapping my pants but we made it down safely despite landing basically sideways... LOL

I flew from Scotland into Belfast City airport about 10 years ago and the plane was getting thrown about in a storm and we landed sideways... a woman beside me had her rosary beads out and was giving it the full hail marys... talk about crapping my pants but we made it down safely despite landing basically sideways... LOL

Yeah, also had one of those landing sideways in Port Elizabeth airport in nasty crosswinds ... had window seat and could look out window and nearly see runway ahead ... like you said, "shitting in your pants" stuff.

Hey, any landing you can walk away from!

0:30 I suppose that's one way to do a touch and go.
1:30 The Concorde was such a graceful looking aircraft. I was sad to see it retired.
2:10 I wonder what the story behind that one is. He came down hard and fast. You can see the ripple effect through the fuselage that ultimately snaps the vertical stab off. Crazy.
3:07 Story behind that crash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_642
5:30 That's an insane crab!

Back