Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Panzer-Grenadier Divisions, 1939-1945

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
guidepanzgrendivs205.jpg

Title: Wehrmacht Panzer-Grenadier Divisions, 1939-1945
Author: Chris Bishop
Publisher: Amber Books
ISBN: 978-1-905704-29-3

A clear companion to the sister title covering the Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions, this one looks at the Panzergrenadier divisions over the same period. It aims to cover all the unit histories and the various vehicle types they employed during WW2. Chapter 1 deals with the early motorised divisions, effectively just Infantry Divisions that were motorised rather than relying solely on horsedrawn transport. These are 2nd, 3rd, 10th, 13th and 14th Infantry Divisions.

Chapter 2 moves on to cover wartime Motorised divisions, with Grossdeutchland, Fuhrer Begleit, Fuhrer Grenadier, Sizilian Panzergrenadier, Feldherrnhalle along with 15th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 25th, 29th, 36th and 60th Motorised Infantry Divisions.

Chapter 3 looks at 90th Leichte Afrika, 155th, 164th Leichte Afrika, 179th, 233rd, 345th, and 386th Infantry divisions, along with Brandengurg, Hermann Goring, 22nd Luftlande and Luftwaffe Fallschirmjager divisions.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article.asp?a=7522

Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions 1939-1945

guidepanzerdivs205.jpg

Title: Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions, 1939-45
Author(s):
Jorge Rosado and Chris Bishop
Publisher:
Amber Books
ISBN:
1-904687-46-6

This is a re-printed edition of a book first published back in 2007. This Guide to Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions of WW2 is a excellent groundwork for any modeller to have on their reference shelf. It is broken down into 4 sections, with Chapter 1 covering the Pre-War Panzer Divisions (1st - 5th Panzer), then the additional ones formed in 1939, (6th - 10th Panzer), chapter 3 coveres the 1940-41 period when 11th - 23rd Panzer Divisions were formed, and finally the later divisions, 24th-26th, 116th and 130th.

Each division is covered in sequence, but they are broken down to cover chronologically the campaigns that they went through. As well as the history, you will find details of unit insignia, and the equipment that they had at these various times. It is profusely illustrated, not only with wartime photographs, but with an extensive use of colour profiles of the different bits of kit that they used at different times. I also rather like the use of smaller sets of these profiles to illustrate the numbers that made up various sub-units within the divisions. In the album below you will see a selection of the sort of text and illustrations you can expect to find. With the idea of modellers using these as a reference to maybe collect and make up complete units could be an interesting challenge.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article.asp?a=7521

The information is nice enough, the color profiles are... well, crap. I'm not 100% sure about the overall accuracy but for a comprehensive summary of each division's combat history and general OOB they're useful. I believe, though, that part of the contained information already is out of sdate, esepcially regarding division insignia, but I'd have to verify that.

P.S.: I own all volumes.

sure..let me know now!!..My birthday isnt until October, and Christmas is forever!!!

Back