Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael Monsoor - SEAL, Sept. 29, 2006

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
AAC_zpsf8df1a18.jpg

Michael Anthony Monsoor (born April 5, 1981 in Long Beach, California) distinguished himself through conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as a Combat Advisor and Automatic Weapons Gunner for Naval Special Warfare Task Group Arabian Peninsula in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom on 29 September 2006. He displayed great personal courage and exceptional bravery while conducting operations in enemy held territory at Ar Ramadi Iraq.-

08092011242_zpsaa625f12.jpg

On that day, Monsoor was part of a sniper overwatch security position with three other SEALs and eight Iraqi Army (IA) soldiers. An insurgent closed in and threw a fragmentation grenade into the overwatch position. The grenade hit Monsoor in the chest before falling to the ground. Positioned next to the single exit, Monsoor was the only one who could have escaped harm. Instead, he dropped onto the grenade to shield the others from the blast. Monsoor died approximately 30 minutes later from wounds sustained from the blast.- Because of Petty Officer Monsoor’s actions, he saved the lives of his 3 teammates and the IA soldiers. -

navy.mil
cmohs.org
veteransunited.com

my only woe is that G W Bush gave it.

Had it been say Eisenhower. would be worth without misunderestimation

what would you die for

my kids ,my family, friends

my nation last

Back