Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

QB map question

I can only access the revised road to waltz map when I play a Meeting Engagement QB. I want to use it for an attack QB, but it won't come up as a map option. The map in question is 185m. It is not the classic version of the CMBO road to wilts map

Last edited:
I'm not totally clear are you talking about the old CM1x CMBO here (in which case I have nothing to say) or is this CM2x CMFB using the map inspired from CMBO?

If this is the CM2x game the maps you see when you setup a QB are filtered to match the type of QB you are playing. When you open any QB map or scenario in the scenario editor you can set the type of game - Probe, Assault, Attack, Meeting Engagement etc. The QB engine uses that when it shows you maps.

If this is a H2H game just saving a copy of the QB map with a new game type will work OK but you might have to reconsider the setup areas since the setup areas for an attack are not really appropriate for a ME, as just one example. If this is for single player then you will also need to change the AI plans since they should and do differ for each type of game.

I'm not totally clear are you talking about the old CM1x CMBO here (in which case I have nothing to say) or is this CM2x CMFB using the map inspired from CMBO?

If this is the CM2x game the maps you see when you setup a QB are filtered to match the type of QB you are playing. When you open any QB map or scenario in the scenario editor you can set the type of game - Probe, Assault, Attack, Meeting Engagement etc. The QB engine uses that when it shows you maps.

If this is a H2H game just saving a copy of the QB map with a new game type will work OK but you might have to reconsider the setup areas since the setup areas for an attack are not really appropriate for a ME, as just one example. If this is for single player then you will also need to change the AI plans since they should and do differ for each type of game.

Thanks much! I think this answered my question. I am talking about the map that comes with the scenario in CMFB. The setup zones would indeed have to be modified, since in a QB, that map is meant for a meeting engagement battle, and I want to use it in a probe. Now the question I need to answer is, do I want to attempt to mess around with the editor?

As @A Canadian Cat already noted but saying it another way, you have to do more than just save and rename a QB file to create a different H2H match. If you only save a QB as a new name, you've just made a copy of the original QB. Use the "Mission Editor" to specifically change "Battle type" but change the other parameters as desired too. Use the "Data Editor" to change those parameters. The "Mission Editor" defines your forces, victory parameters, terrain objectives, and such. The "Map Editor" can likely be left as is if you intend no map changes. The "Units Editor" is your main focus; undo / redo unit purchases, soft factors, reinforcements, deployments and such. The AI and Support targets need a hard look as well for your purposes.

Back