Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question 329: what am I?( a shield)

• Thread starter Dutch Grenadier
  • Start date
Its a hard format to run with.... everyone is asking questions and the yes and nos over time will get repeated (as they are already) and folk will get confused and go round in circles. Nice concept but not working smoothly IMO.
May be if the poster poster all the yes with his yes and no to someones guess. That way review could happen.

Just a knights shield. Numbers had the correct anwser.

The "iron" early on is a little deceptive ... medieval shields rarely made totally out of iron as that would be far too heavy ... maybe iron frame, struts and boss ... but mostly made of wood, leather or laminated combination of both.
jousting shields might be iron as they were carried for very short times.

The "iron" early on is a little deceptive ... medieval shields rarely made totally out of iron as that would be far too heavy ... maybe iron frame, struts and boss ... but mostly made of wood, leather or laminated combination of both.
jousting shields might be iron as they were carried for very short times.

Well that counts as me not knowing this and I did not fully investigate. Sorry :D

I Always was under the impression that Knights shield where made of iron.

I wouldnt like to try and carry them to be honest if they were.... no worries.... Numberz got what you were thinking so we move on. :)

Yeah, lol ... ever pick up a proper replica sword ... feel that weight, and then extrapolate that into the size of a shield ... no worries, just nitpicking a bit. (in a cranky mood ... got seriously unpleasant head cold as souvenir from my weekend trip) :D:rolleyes:

Ok all things updated and I will carry on with this theme to prefect it ...original thinking DG

Can't wait to see what type of bone you will throw at the dogs

Oh man... a shield.... wrote it already but then changed my post.... I was so close.... *urgh* :eek:

Back