Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question about CMBN mods

F

Fubar

Hi i'm starting the process of modding my vanilla CMBN plus expansions and was wondering how mods work in relation to expansion sets....do i need to mod each expansion separately or do they work for the whole range, e.g. if i pick a new Sherman skin for MG will it also appear in BN and CW? And is the same also true for audio and interface mods?

TTFN

Not an easy answer...some do, some don't. BFC change their naming conventions as the game matures, or change the 3D models, so it is a bit of hit and miss. For example, most terrain names haven't changed, only new types of terrain are added. So some terrain mods from the original CMBN still work fine in MG or GL, or even CMRT, but many of the uniform mods won't.

Ahh sounds like it could get confusing then lol I guess if i install MG mods first then work my way backwards ;)

Just a quick thought as well.....if i start modding my game will it cause any problems with my current pbem game?

The nice thing about CM is that modding is easy and does not effect the core game. You can add a mod at any time, and if you do not like it )or it does something funny that you were not expecting, it can easily be removed without effecting anything. So, will a mod effect your existing PBEM? If installed correctly, no.

Stealing the British war slogan, "Keep calm and mod on."

Cool thanks for the advice.....sound effects first i think! ;)

Back