Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question on CM

I saw a video where it was recommended that after calling in an artillery request you should "Hide" the FO until the spotting rounds start or are about to start falling.
If you can lose LOS by hiding I don't see why you can't by moving so long as you can see the spotting rounds.

Upon further review, I found this:

"While calling for artillery, the following sequence of action helps minimize exposure to enemy fire:

1 The observer needs a clear line of sight to the target action spot when making the initial call for the mission ("Requesting Fire Mission"). So give the fire order for the assets you want to use.

2 While transmitting the orders (between the Request and the end of the "Preparing" Phase of the asset), the observer does not need to see the target for several minutes. Thus you can hide the observer or even move it back into good cover. (The delivery time in the HUD area with the mission parameters should give you a good indication when the first spotting round will be delivered.)

3 The observer must see spotting rounds hit to adjust the fire. Thus, as soon as the "Spotting" phase starts for the asset, you need to have your FO back in the observation position.

4 After "Fire for Effect" has begun you can hide or pull the observer back again."

Back