Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

R n R

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Currently languishing in Albufiera, having a couple of weeks well earned rest.
Observations so far:
It's nice and hot
The locals are friendly
The driving is somewhat frantic, and coach drivers are in competition to see who can get the closest to the car in front without actually touching it
Beaches here are great
Hotel is very nice

Been here since Sunday and now feel the need to send a strongly worded e mail to someone........

I HAVE SEEN A CLOUD IN THE SKY THIS MORNING!!

Steve

Gently roasting in the glorious sun here, been on a bus today to check out the old part of Albufiera town - very nice with a great beach.
It's hilly here, so they have installed escalators by the bus stop so you can easily get down to the town and beach .....not seen that anywhere else before.
Hotel is clean with plenty of attentive staff, and food is ok.

Managing to keep out of trouble so far......

Steve

Out and about on the scooter today......fekkin hot!!
Went to a little town called Silves and spent an enjoyable afternoon looking around the castle.... (seems it is older even than some of you :2charge:)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_Silves

Very impressive, and as my National Trust card did not get me in :D:D:D, had to pay the princely sum of 2.80 euros for the privilege.

''Twas worth it- will post some photos when I get back.

Traffic was ok, with the exception of one kamikaze pilot in a battered Renault estate car who thought it prudent to overtake me and three other cars as we were approaching a sharp bend in the road whilst going over the crown of an uphill rise!!!
As the lady wife was riding pillion I kept my thoughts to myself, only to discover her yelling them out loud anyway :D:D:D

Keep yer heads below the parapet.

Steve

As promised a few snaps from the Algarve........

Whilst there, I rented a scooter for four days and we went exploring inland.......here's the scooter parked up on a glorious little gem of a road, the N267 heading west towards the picturesque town of Monchique.....

IMG_1488-L.jpg

We rode with the sun at our back, and the moon in front of us, with azure blue skies for two weeks solid.......

IMG_1489-L.jpg

Monchique is very pretty.......

IMG_1503-L.jpg

.....up the hill and heading for Mount Foia, the highest point in the region, and parked up to take in the vista..........

IMG_1524-L.jpg

We also visited Silves, with it's fantastic castle which dominates the landscape......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silves,_Portugal

IMG_1431-L.jpg

She only had to ask for my phone number.........

IMG_1444-L.jpg

IMG_1443-L.jpg

One more photo for now, this one a rather lucky snap as a dolphin leapt out of the water off the coast of Albufiera as we were on a boat trip.........

IMG_1339-L.jpg

Loads more photos - if you'd like to see a few more just let me know.

Steve

......in the castle at Silves.......this fella was givin me the thousand yard stare........

IMG_1449-L.jpg

Trying to find my yacht in the marina at Vila Moura....

IMG_1558-L.jpg

Hang on ..........found it...........:D:D:D

IMG_1577-L.jpg

This is the road we rode into Monchique........

IMG_1517-L.jpg

.......and parked outside the fire station in the town.........

IMG_1518-L.jpg

Overseas meeting of the Board of Directors from the Few Good Men forum.......looks riveting.......:D:D:D

IMG_1498-L.jpg

....you can have a fishy on yer little dishy.......

IMG_1587-L.jpg

....when the boat comes in.........

IMG_1582-L.jpg

Back to the castle at Silves..........

IMG_1472-L.jpg

IMG_1430-L.jpg

Finish off with a few snaps from the beach..........

IMG_1599-L.jpg

IMG_1606-L.jpg

IMG_1605-L.jpg

All in all a fantastic holiday.

Steve

Back