Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Recommendations for African, Italian and French campaigns of WW2

GrumpyReaper

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Good day to all good men here!
I am a Russian guy and never really gave the struggle on the Western front any attention past the popular movies, TV shows and videogames, like 'Band of Brothers' or 'Saving Private Ryan', or 'Company of Heroes'/'Call of Duty'. Recently, I happened upon an interrogation log of a former Panzer Lehr commander Fritz Bayerlein. His account, especially considering incompetence and inadequate command of famous field marshal Model peaked my interest to these campaigns. I will greatly appreciate any serious overviews of these campaigns and battle/operation studies in the style of Col. Glantz.
With outmost respect, Grumpy Reaper.

I've never read any books by Col. Glantz so I am unable to recommend anything.
I would recommend you take a look at his impressive bibliography. Especially his 'Barbarossa Derailed' monograph. It can humble any Archival Revolution generation Russian historian with the sheer number of contemporary documents used and definitely humbles them in terms of analysis. Probably the best English-speaking military historian of the Eastern Front of WW2.

Back