Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

RECONQUISTA -- FOG: Medieval 1v1 Campaign

We move on to the Muslim Impulse of TURN 4.

Muslim side has no Initiative Points, so no attacks from them -- (this also means the Muslim side is awarded a Free Initiative point available in TURN 6)

We do SIEGE DIE ROLLS for the sieges of ALGARVE and SALAMANCA.

ALGARVE: Die roll: 3 -- SUCCESS --> falls to Portuguese control (Christian faction gains one additional Initiative point)

SALAMANCA: Die roll: 7 -- NO EFFECT --> Siege continues

reconquista new 04e.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TURN 5

We move on to TURN 5 and back to Don @chiquichops

Christian faction has 3 Initiative Points, but Castille army is tied up in siege of SALAMANCA.

Armies of Portugal and Aragon available for ONE attack each.

reconquista new 05a.jpg

I can only get two attacks in this turn, given that I'm still besieging Salamanca.
Barcelona invades Mallorca.
Algarve into Sevilla. Looks like Portugal is a bigger player in this Reconquista.
If I win this one, it'll trigger the dreaded Almorávides

Well, that wraps up a very demoralising TURN 5, Christian impulse.

Two more defeats for the Muslim side -- one really annoying one for me vs Portuguese --- the kind of result that makes you drop kick the PC out of the window.

SEVILLA is now under Portuguese SIEGE.

MAJORCA is captured by Aragon.

Siege roll is played for SALAMANCA and also falls to Castille.

reconquista new 05c.jpg

Muslim impulse.

No Initiative points -- so no attacks from Muslims.

Siege roll done for SEVILLA (no luck there for the Muslim side either) -- so that falls to the Portuguese and activates the ALMORAVIDS for the next Muslim impulse.

Back to @chiquichops -- Christian side has FOUR Initiative points.

reconquista new 06a.jpg

It's full on offensive by all three Christian kingdoms ... Bajadoz, Toledo and Valencia all under attack.

Can the Andalusians hold out until the Berber Almoravids arrive in the Muslim impulse of this turn?

At least the Muslim side can count on TWO counter-attacks in their impules (one free Andalusian one and the Almoravid army from North Africa!

Battle is joined.

reconquista new 06b.jpg

I'm hoping to put all three of those province's under siege. I have the Muslims on a back foot right now, mustn't slip up.

TURN 7 -- The Christian Impulse

-- back over to Don @chiquichops

Christian side has FOUR initiative points.

SEVILLA is under SIEGE from the Almoravids.

We now switch to the later armies:

Christian:
Castillian/Leonese (1155 – 1199)
Aragonese (1155 – 1199)
Portugal (1155 – 1199)

Muslim:
Berber (Almohad) (1121 – 1269) (No Allies)
Andalusian (Murcia) (1155-1172) (No Allies)

reconquista new 07Ch a.jpg

Last edited:
1709842766554.jpeg
Here's a picture of El Torcal de Antequera, Málaga. Looks a bit like the mountains in our battle right now. It's a limestone mountain range that's been subjected to Karstification. It's an awesome spot to take a walk and there's a very good chance of seeing Ibex.

Another dismal round for the Muslim faction ... (the die rolls even killed off ALL four of my leaders in one battle :rolleyes: )

Battle 1: BAJADOZ -- Minor Victory for PORTUGAL - region remains CONTESTED

Battle 2: MURCIA -- ALORAVID attack suffers a Major Defeat, fails to break the ARAGONESE Siege and the province falls to ARAGON control.

3. Siege of CORDOBA -- Siege die roll is an 8 -- the Siege is broken and the CASTILIAN army withdraws -- the province remains under Muslim control.

reconquista new 07Mus b.jpg

1710681240267.png

Back