Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Strange Stuff

Nauofeih.jpg

"The Wave is a sandstone rock formation close to Arizona's northern border with Utah. It is a surreal world of psychedelic patterns
and whirling hues. The Jurassic epoch is supposed to be represented by the rock formations. There is no signage for hikers in order
to protect the natural beauty and integrity of this natural place. You will have to figure out how to get in and out of this place.." - Headout.com
2bPR3bih.jpg

Well, we finally completed our house hold project. It came in on time, on budget and without any unforeseen repair issues!!
It seems that when one does not replace the toilet for 48 yrs it develops a leak around the base. Actually, the bolts that hold
the toilet to the floor completely rust out. Every time I used it it wobbled to the extent I felt I was going to fall through into the
crawl space upon every use. Not what you want to have to worry about when you are taking care of business. The floor felt like
I was walking upon a trampoline.
Trying to find someone who could do some plumbing, carpentry, lay new flooring...was difficult (for me). Finally, the wife said
"Here hold my beer" and took on the job.
Upon a more detailed inspection it became evident that given the needed repairs it was just as easy to do a complete remodel
because the rot had invaded the walls and vanity. What a mess. Anyway, my wife has become a pretty good interior decorator,
being self taught via HGTV. Hours, and hours, and hours of HGTV. She put it all to good use.
I'm glad I have no "before" photos as the bathroom was...ugh.
However, here's the end result. She's pretty proud of herself as well she should be.
------

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well, we finally completed our house hold project. It came in on time, on budget and without any unforeseen repair issues!!
It seems that when one does not replace the toilet for 48 yrs it develops a leak around the base. Actually, the bolts that hold
the toilet to the floor completely rust out. Every time I used it it wobbled to the extent I felt I was going to fall through into the
crawl space upon every use. Not what you want to have to worry about when you are taking care of business. The floor felt like
I was walking upon a trampoline.
Trying to find someone who could do some plumbing, carpentry, lay new flooring...was difficult (for me). Finally, the wife said
"Here hold my beer" and took on the job.
Upon a more detailed inspection it became evident that given the needed repairs it was just as easy to do a complete remodel
because the rot had invaded the walls and vanity. What a mess. Anyway, my wife has become a pretty good interior decorator,
being self taught via HGTV. Hours, and hours, and hours of HGTV. She put it all to good use.
I'm glad I have no "before" photos as the bathroom was...ugh.
However, here's the end result. She's pretty proud of herself as well she should be.
------

Very, very nice! Top shelf.

Now you can poop in luxury. :)

Reactions: mTk
Back