Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The FGM Ladder for 2016

Do you like Ithikial's idea for the FGM CM Ladder?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
There was a window of discussion earlier in the year about how to run the ladder and a few ideas were kicked around (including ELO suggested by me) and @Ithikial made his decision on how to score the ladder this year and is now executing to that plan. Next window to discuss how the ladder works I imagine will be towards the end of this year...

Well I like to start campaigning early. :D It seems you and I agree on the ELO system, if it's anything like I described in my earlier post today (winning gains points, losing reduces points, he with the most points wins the ladder).

Yes. just like that. There is a twist: if a lower ranked player manages a draw against a higher ranked player then the higher ranked player looses some points and the lower ranked player gains some. So the points distribution is always in your favour if you win but you can gain more if you were the underdog in the match up. Yes, some people complain that higher ranked players risk more, blah, blah, blah but I do not think anyone has noticed a problem of good players stopping play. I like it because over time you can tell who will be a good challenge for you to play.

On the other hand if we just do the same thing here as at theBlitz then why have two places. So perhaps we should *not* do that here.

On the other hand if we just do the same thing here as at theBlitz then why have two places. So perhaps we should *not* do that here.

No, if ELO is the best ladder system, I think we should absolutely do that here, no matter what they do on theBlitz. I don't play on theBlitz (well, I may have for a couple of games). I care far more about what happens here than what happens on theBlitz.

Perhaps a simplified ELO system here for 2017.....one like I described earlier today? The difference would be there would be no additional points awarded or reduced for winning/losing/drawing against a higher or lower ranked player. I don't think we have enough players or enough games for that variable to be meaningful.

Check the poll results on this thread. :) I'm always mindful of having a system the general membership can quickly understand.

Of course if anyone wants to volunteer to replace me, just msg Bootie offering your services and why you think you could improve on what we've got. :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back