Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The return of the Byte Battles Brawl Tourney

Gauging interest to bring back the Byte Battles Brawl tourneys... (seeing lately some players being interested in small/tiny battles.

Do what CM does best -- small, intense, fast paced skirmish battles.

Small/tiny map, 15 turns -- usually a ME battle ... no time to faff about, you get right down to the bare knuckle fight!

Forces ... about a reinforced infantry platoon and a few vehicles each side... tanks, Stugs, armoured cars etc...

Need about minumum 8 players ... three rounds. In each round every player plays the same scenario as Axis and Allies against two different players randomly drawn -- at end each player will have played six opponents,

Points awarded and added up:

Total & Major Victory: 5

Minor & Tactical Victory 3

Draw: 2

Minor & Tactica Defeat 1

Total & Major Defeat: 0

Player with most points at end of 3 round is declared champion.

First tourney would be CMFB (could use a bit of love and attention) .... the move on to CMBN.... CMFI ... and maybe even CMRT.

Need dependable players with good turn rates ... I might join in as well as Sgt Rusty Cannonfodder (I won't test the scenarios too much, so won't have much advantage there)

Lemme know if you're keen.

This might be a little delayed -- having annoying computer troubles ... looks like bits of the main C drive of my desktop computer are corrupted and it's become rather unstable... so might have to face the "BIG REINSTALL" some time next week :(

Let's see what the techie says on Monday morning...
Why do I feel like we are Charlie Brown, and Rico is Lucy?

This might be a little delayed -- having annoying computer troubles ... looks like bits of the main C drive of my desktop computer are corrupted and it's become rather unstable... so might have to face the "BIG REINSTALL" some time next week :(

Let's see what the techie says on Monday morning...

Report back and ask any questions, Im in IT and can help if need be. Reformatted and reinstalled literally thousands of times with all kinds of diff hardware. :geek: :coffee:

Report back and ask any questions, Im in IT and can help if need be. Reformatted and reinstalled literally thousands of times with all kinds of diff hardware. :geek: :coffee:

Thanks — lemme see what the tech is says on Monday ... managed to just about EVERYTHING backed up ... so nothing lost it seems.
(Including all my copious campaign & tourny design files and folders :unsure: .... just do not relish possibly having to reinstall and patch the CM games:oops:

Last edited:
. just do not relish possibly having to reinstall and patch the CM games:oops:

Good don't. Download each game's all in one installer. Unzip each dl to new folders and run one install for each game. All patched up and done. No fuss no muss.

Links are found in your order list where you bought the base game or upgrade.

Activation can be a little involved but just run the activation shortcut once per key and open a support ticket if the activation doesn't go smoothly.

Good don't. Download each game's all in one installer. Unzip each dl to new folders and run one install for each game. All patched up and done. No fuss no muss.

Links are found in your order list where you bought the base game or upgrade.

Activation can be a little involved but just run the activation shortcut once per key and open a support ticket if the activation doesn't go smoothly.

Yeah, will begetting new hard drive installed and windows needs to be reinstalled — both have issues.
Depending on cost quote, might go whole hog and get a whole new pc... use it for both work from home and gaming etc...
scheduled to be done this Friday ... should have sorted by following Monday... (hold thumbs it goes smoothly)

Back