Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Rico-Shorker War II

@Shorker and I have decided to update our fun fictional campaign concept into the 21st Century.

Introduction

The People's Republic of Riconovo and the Democratic Republic of Shorkograd are two halves of a fictional former Soviet republic along the Black Sea coast between Russia and Turkey.
Split in two after a nasty civil war in the late 90's, a UN-brokered peace agreement was signed with the disputed Pladshka River peninsula declared a demilitarized zone which fell under nominal Shorkograd administration after the UN Peacekeepers pulled out in 2008.

An uneasy peace has been maintained until oil was discovered in the demilitarised zone shortly thereafter - hoping for American diplomatic backing, President for Life Shorker decided to invite US oil companies to drill in the area and develop an old naval base into the Petrograd Oil Terminal.

rico-shorker-war-master1.jpg~original

This decision severely strained relationships with Russia, which has stepped in to support the PRR government with loans and arms sales. General-President Rico has sworn to pursue aggressive policies to ensure that the people of Riconovo receive their rightful share of the oil revenues which are being "plundered by the criminal American puppet regime in Shorkograd."

Tensions have risen to new heights as a small US Army Task Force is deployed to Petrograd to "secure American commercial interests and the safety of US citizens" in the oilfields. Furthermore, Shorkograd have set up fortified border posts inside the demalitarized zone to control access blocking the road to Linzk, in clear violation of the UN Resolutions and disrupting trade and free movement of especially Riconovo citizens.

Two weeks ago, a group of Russian Army "Advisors" started arriving at Rivonov Airbase and there have been unconfirmed reports of forces mobilising and the calling up of reserves. Both sides have made numerous claims of airspace violations by planes and helicopters from opposing air forces ( and also of Russian planes flying from Rivonovo airfields).

Tensions are at a knife's edge ...

"Black Sea Powderkeg" ... HA HA HA!!! :D Excellent title and artwork! :rolleyes:

I like the camo paint too! PLease send me the .bmp files by occasion so that your troops are looking the same on my pc
(and screenshots etc.).;)

LOL!!! :p Yes, as we both have Ukrainians! :rolleyes: ... OK, no good idea though.

OK, then the parts have been varnished/painted before they were assembled in the factory! :D

How cool is this?

Shorker and I are ticking over a couple of test QB's to familiarize ourselves with CMBS -- and in our 2nd battle, Shorker air support fighters have been heard approaching ... my troopers with hand-held SAM launchers clustered around a small wood, all let loose at pretty much the same time... first three missiles fire...

BS-screenshot5.jpg~original

...followed a fraction of a second by the fourth launcher in the group.

BS-screenshot6.jpg~original

As the missile smoke trails disappear off into the sky, the replay stops before I even know if they managed to hit anything ... scaring off the pilot is good enough for me in this situation :) ... no idea yet how effective anti-air defenses are yet in this game. I know you get a message if an AA unit shoots down an aircraft or helo.

On a personally pleasing note ... those columns of smoke on the far end of the map?... that's all @Shorker 's tanks and APC's burning merrily :D

LOL!!! :D Nice photos! Please send me the turn, mate - then we will know very soon what happened to the planes. ;)
I bought 2 x 2 SU24 (or SU25?) fighter bombers.

(I can't see your turn the dropbox yet - or is something broken, maybe?)

"Roger!" *krk* "We're under attack!" - "Redfink One, drop the bombs and let's get outa here!" :D

A Rico/Shorker file appeared in my COI-folder yesterday... I guess its the one you are missing!

Back