Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

They are Billions

sspoom

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
It’s a RTS, which I don’t often play (rts) but like to fool with in single player mode for a break from CM.

Same here.

It’s a Zombie post apocalypse rebuilding game. I have had it for a few weeks and it’s a great change of pace a not to serious fun game.

Perfect for me. I may check this out. Thanks.

Ok, I downloaded this today and started the campaign. I'm completely hooked after two missions. Love it. Yea, it's an RTS, but the saving grace for me is you can pause it and give orders while paused. The pace is perfect. Highly addictive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, I downloaded this today and started the campaign. I'm completely hooked after two missions. Love it. Yea, it's an RTS, but the saving grace for me is you can pause it and give orders while paused. The pace is perfect. Highly addictive.

Thanks for the heads up.
Most RTS can be paused, but try telling that mTk....:cool:

Really? I bought that game at a thrift store and was going to play it, is it worth it?

I also picked up Diablo 2 for 1.99

Really? I bought that game at a thrift store and was going to play it, is it worth it?

I also picked up Diablo 2 for 1.99

Well, there is the original Starcraft 1 and the more recent Starcraft 2. I actually might be wrong about not issuing commands when paused. It may work in the campaign game, but not in multiplayer (even against the AI). Nobody pauses in multiplayer anyway.

Yea, it's worth playing the campaign game in both of them, just for the awesome story, IMO. I suck at multiplayer though. Everybody plays on the fastest speed and I just can't keep up.

Starcraft is basically a professional sport in South Korea. :)

Thanks for the synopsis MG, I will have to dig that out and play.

Not sure how that will work (using old CDs etc.) these days. Bilzzard has Battle.net now, which is basically the same thing as Steam, but only for Blizzard games. Everything is purchased, updated, and patched through Battle.net. I'm not even sure if you can play any Blizzard games, even in single player, without Battle.net.

Not sure how that will work (using old CDs etc.) these days. Bilzzard has Battle.net now, which is basically the same thing as Steam, but only for Blizzard games. Everything is purchased, updated, and patched through Battle.net. I'm not even sure if you can play any Blizzard games, even in single player, without Battle.net.
Well I won’t Know unless I try.

Last edited:
I've completed four missions now, on Challenging (100%) difficulty. They are Billions is unforgiving, and hard, and there are four(!) difficulty levels higher than Challenging. I've quickly learned that things can go south VERY fast if you let even one or two "infected" (zombies) get into your camp/village/outpost.

Also, as far as I can tell, there is no "save scumming" in this game. Yes, you can save the game and come back to that point later, but if you lose a mission because your command center becomes infected or your hero dies (in the tactical missions) you have to start that mission all over. This has happened to me several times already.

I love it. Great game so far.

I'll say it again. This game is damn hard. Once I reached the level 2 missions, I had to bump the overall game difficulty down to "Accessible", which is the second easiest (the easiest being, lol, "Easy"). And I thought I was a pretty good gamer. Rather humbling......but I still love it.

Back