Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV Series] Occupied/Okkupert

L

Lt. Smash

If you are looking for a good political thriller set in the near future, watch Occupied. In Occupied, the US is energy independent, the Middle East is in civil war, and Europe is in an energy crisis. When Norway announces that they will cease oil production because they are introducing a new energy technology, Russia invades with support from unlikely allies. The story, dialog and acting is gripping.

The series is produced in Norway and premiered on TV2 in Norway last year. The Norwegian name is Okkupert. About 40 percent of the dialog is in Norwegian and the rest is in English with subtitles. I am watching it on Netflix in the US. So, if you're not in the US, check your local streaming service.

Sounds good, Netflix UK does not have it at present, hoping it appears soon.

In USA, Netflix streaming format, search for "Occupied"

Occupied
2015 TV-MA 1 Season

In the near future, Russia initiates a "silk glove" invasion of Norway to restart oil production, but soon uncertainty, chaos, and danger erupt.

Starring: Henrik Mestad, Ane Dahl Torp, Ingeborga Dapkunaite
Genres: TV Shows, TV Dramas
This show is: Cerebral, Suspensful

10 episodes, each @45 minutes
Most reviewers give it 5 stars​

Thank you for the recommendation.

Speaking of Netflix, has anyone seen "The Heavy Water War"? I came across it in a USA Netflix list. It shows as a 6 episode WW2 drama of Norwegian/Danish/British origin. Would like to know anyone else's opinion.

Now on my wish list.

I think I did start to watch the ww2 one but only a glimpse, not enough to give an opinion. Maybe I should look it up again...

Back