Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

I don't know why I liked this song so much but it just sorta grabbed me. They played it at the Candlestick Concert.
I was there. Although I would challenge this photo (You Tube caption said Candlestick Park performance). They set up the stage out at 2nd base and I don't recall any crowds of people on the infield. Well, had to go look it up, and I was right. I was sitting behind home plate about 10 rows up. Great for baseball, but sucked for the concert as the netting blurred the visual a bit. Actually the concert was not that great. Bloody cold, impossible to hear for the screaming girls, poor visibility given how far away they were and the whole thing lasted less than 30 minutes. Left by helicopter. Still, I WAS there so there's that.

bVDCYIY.jpg

The set up band was these guys and they performed their one-of-two top 40 hits.

Last edited:
I don't know why I liked this song so much but it just sorta grabbed me. They played it at the Candlestick Concert.
I was there. Although I would challenge this photo (You Tube caption said Candlestick Park performance). They set up the stage out at 2nd base and I don't recall any crowds of people on the infield. Well, had to go look it up, and I was right. I was sitting behind home plate about 10 rows up. Great for baseball, but sucked for the concert as the netting blurred the visual a bit. Actually the concert was not that great. Bloody cold, impossible to hear for the screaming girls, poor visibility given how far away they were and the whole thing lasted less than 30 minutes. Left by helicopter. Still, I WAS there so there's that.

I think the Beatles themselves said they hated this concert because they couldn't actually hear the music for the screaming. :)

Early Pink Floyd now.......a couple of tracks written by Richard Wright......... some of their early stuff gets overlooked but is rather good.....not to everyone's taste but then I am rather biased........

Steve

.........and the piano work in this is great........

......and before you lot get suspicious......... I've never smoked, and I don't drink........I just like this stuff.......just off now for some mushroom soup.........

The First Recordings is an EP of Pink Floyd music, containing songs recorded in 1965 by the band, the first they ever recorded . It was released as a limited edition set of two 7" vinyl records. This is the only official release featuring guitarist Rado Klose and Juliette Gale, Richard Wright's first wife.

Here's one of the tracks, and as far as I know it's the only cover they ever did as a band. Quite a raw bluesy feel to it, a bit like early Rolling Stones.

Steve

Watched a few of this guys videos.........he sure can tickle the ivories.........

Steve

.......fancy joining in?........

Steve

Random mix running whilst I update passwords and security on PC, tablets and phones - whew it's just one of those boring jobs you gotta do - learnt that lesson in 90's. OTOH it means I get security and out of trouble with family for a while - win-win :)

Back