Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

This just plain rocks!!

.......versatile too.......

Steve

Scrolling through the I pod and found myself listening to this album again........haven't listened to it for ages and it took me back to the heady days of my youth........

A Trick of the Tail from Genesis circa 1976 ( I was 14).

My 3 favourite tracks from this album.........

My dad would often listen to my music, and this one impressed him (my mum was not so impressed but then there's no accounting for taste) - he has a good ear for music and appreciates it in all it's forms.

He also liked DSOTM by Pink Floyd and A Night at the Opera by Queen ( but not so much Killer Queen) the first time I played them to him - pretty cool dad really cos he'd sit there and listen to the whole album with me.

Steve

@Vartuoosi Sweet track, thanks for sharing. You know you're a nerd when you can identify the audio as the PAO's (Public Affairs Officer) loop during the Apollo 11 launch.

I can remember this clear as day - I was a seven year old boy living in Gielenkirchen, Germany in July 1969 where my dad was posted at the time, watching this on a black and white hitachi with him and my mum.

I recall my dad telling me it was very important and that I would always remember it.

Happy days.

Some info......

John William "Jack" King (February 12, 1931 – June 11, 2015) was a Chief of Public Information and Public Affairs Officer for NASA. He is best known for his work as Kennedy Space Center Chief of Public Information during projects Mercury, Gemini and Apollo.

Steve

Back