Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

And somewhere I have a little bike ride video with this as the backing track.......

How about some rockabilly........ a bit like The Stray Cats only easier on the eye.....

Took my wife to Hyde Park yesterday to see Michael Buble (Wedding Anniversary present from our youngest son).

https://news.sky.com/story/tearful-...al-comeback-performance-at-hyde-park-11436737

Not a big fan myself but I do have to say he holds a note well.

Just before he came on we had sat enjoying Van Morrison in the glorious sunshine, then ominous clouds gathered and just as he was finishing his final number (Gloria), the heavens opened and it absolutely POURED down for an hour and a half, well into Mr Buble's turn.

The truly stoic british audience just stood there and continued drinking, although some tried to seek shelter which was scant with a capital S.
We managed to buy a couple of waterproof short length coats for a kings ransom (they soon ran out of supply as you can imagine), but by that time we could not have been wetter if we were swimming the channel.

My waterproof footwear did not pass the test, and I was wondering whether there may be an outbreak of trenchfoot such was the deluge.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves, and Buble did himself proud.

Just in case you were desperate to hear him sing............. oh, and by the way, my voice was better on the night but drowned out by my adoring fans.........(in my head)

Steve

I was in America in 2010 and wanted to go to a concert at Madison Square Gardens... that weekend Buble was playing and despite my embarassment I booked me and the wife tickets and went along and wow... I was blown away... the boy can sing, the atmosphere was electric and they served you beer. Awesome. :)

I was in America in 2010 and wanted to go to a concert at Madison Square Gardens... that weekend Buble was playing and despite my embarassment I booked me and the wife tickets and went along and wow... I was blown away... the boy can sing, the atmosphere was electric and they served you beer. Awesome. :)

I have to agree he can belt them out.

Bananarama were on at half four just we were going in, and I was surprised by how good they were too.

We stayed at a hotel in Kensington and had walked 40 mins or so to get there, by which time we were toasting - the whole gig was well set up, and this is the first concert I've ever been to where they were giving away tap water for free - a good idea in my view as there would have been plenty of dehydrated punters for the ambulance services otherwise.

i'd go see him again.

Steve

I've had this on my i pod for years, and seeing Buble in Hyde Park reminded me how good this guy is for an amateur.........

Steve

Back