Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What is the best tool ever invented?

Which was the best Hand tool invented?

• Wrench

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Measuring Tape

• Level

• Square

• Total voters

Vote on the tool you feel, that was invented and state why.

Hammer.
If it doesnt work - hit it with the hammer :)
I really love all kind of tools...

I have something like this

DM_GerberDET.jpg

It's great for small repairs...

But...nothing cant replace Black&Decker or Hilti...and i know because i lived in buildings with reinforced concrete...When you want to put picture on wall, just use your Hilti....

You are missing the best tool ever invented: the ax.

Out of that list, the hammer, Jack of all trades, yet master of none. :D

I still say the ax, but, when I was in the Marines, we used to say, "If at first you don't succeed...get a bigger hammer."

Echoing mTk's signature, the bigger hammer theory was used often by one of my favorite US Marines, Lt General Victor "Brute" Krulak.

I say the pneumatic nailer. It is so cool to hold two pieces of 2x4s in one hand and nail them together. You can’t do that with a hammer.

It is no help when I want to change the oil on my car though.

Gentlemen I put to you the best handtool invention, is the screwdriver. The hammer is good for only putting nails in an making permient fixtures. Where as the screwdrive allows one to put together and take apart without wrecking everything in an easy fashion. Thnk on it for one minute, all of the things that we screw together, many things in construction, mechanics. One does not have to posess great strenght to use it effectivily , the addition of the modern electric and cordless drills increase the uses of screws, with even less effort. As for screw heads the most popular in the past was the flat head, then we have the PhilpsHead or star head and then the best of all a Robertson head, or square head invented by a canadian.

though not listed...I would contend that the Pencil is the best tool ever!

I agree with Iron Mike: An ax or at least a big knife is the most usefull tool. You can always substitute a hammer with a big stone/wood. Remembering all my camping experience I would always pick an ax or a saw instead of a everything else listed above.

Back