Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A little Idea

S

stardekk

I had this Idea in my mind for some time.

My idea is to do a Half scenario half QB fight. What does it mean ? Here is an example: Bluefor are trying to defend a high value target and get it from this side of the map to the other one, while Redfor are trying to destroy that target. How Redfor knows what target to destroy ? The target will be told to Redfor in the description of the battle, like, in CMBS for example "a Ukrainian Task Force is trying to bring their commander out of Kiev to the US army lines, your mission is to take a small task force and kill the Commander, the Commander will be in a BMP1K" (since I dont want it to be easy cheating and at the setup of the battle to bring the commander to another Vehicle and confuse the Redfor player, the commander will be THE BMP1K), Of course to get the commander to be actually a High value target he will be a unit obj with an exaggerated amount of points to kill (about 3000 points ?). So you may ask what is the point ? Its only a simple scenario. The point is that this battle is in a QB settings you will chose your force to defend\ambush the high value target , and only the Commander will be on the map right from the start of the battle on the map. Since it could get pretty messy, the scenario will be need to be in a little bit complex settings, for example in a Huge type map, and something like Large or Medium force. Since its impossible to bring a unit from the start into a QB it will be a scenario but the opponents photograph their force to someone (in the test battle its me) the force in the QB they chose, and the guy who they send the photos of their force will copy paste it to the scenario, and to make sure he done that right he will photo the force the copied to the guy who sent him the photo.

Let me know what you guys think about that and what can be improved . That's quite a wild idea in my opinion and I don't really know if it will go somewhere... If you like the Idea, I will need 2 testers for our first battle about that, I have CMBS,CMFB,CMBN and CMRT so the test battle will only be able to be in this games. I have a lot more ideas for these type of scenarios, but I will only show them if you guys are interested.

Stardekk

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's a great idea. Basically it sounds like you would be a DM for a one off scenario.

I'd be interested in testing this out. I have CMBN, CMFB and CMBS. I'm itching to do something in Black Sea.

It's interesting. Unfortunately I am too busy to take another battle.
Generally I like ideas which drive CM to the simulation of reality. Usual QB are too abstract, and the scenario creating is too difficult. It seems that this is the way to avoid these problems.

Back