Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

AEV 3 Kodiak (Armoured engineering vehicle)

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Some modern...

Ubg2Okk.jpg

The AEV3 KODIAK combines modern engineering technology with the tried-and-tested components from the Leopard 2 battle tank. The AEV3 Kodiak has an articulated arm excavator in the middle of the vehicle, including further excavator tools, an adjustable bulldozer blade and a flexible winch system. The total weight remains the same despite the extensive equipment in the MLC70 class. Using the mine breakthrough kit, the crew can quickly convert the Kodiak into a mine breakthrough system with a mine clearance plough, signature duplicator and marking equipment.

In addition, there is a high level of ballistic protection, integrated mine protection, ABC protective ventilation and a crew room with a heating and cooling system. Additional equipment, such as combat control systems as well as radio and intercom devices and other accessories are integrated according to customer specifications.

The two- or three-person crew of the AEV3 Kodiak can use the system under full protection. This also applies to the replacement of excavator tools. In addition, the AEV3 Kodiak can be operated and used remotely from a safe distance. The vehicle is the perfect tool for army engineers tasked with erecting or breaking obstacles on the battlefield, including breaking minefields.

Kodiak AEVs are currently in use by Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands and Singapore. It is also equipped with an advanced 76mm smoke/obscurant grenade launcher and the ‘Natter’ remote weapon station, which can be armed with either a 7.62mm or 12.7mm machine gun, or a 40mm automatic grenade launcher.​

Back