Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Amfreville Overhaul - Screen Shots of a Work in Progress

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Amfreville Overhaul is a work in progress to complement my older scenario Lt. Col. Shanley on Hill 30. Both of these cover actions by elements of the U.S. 82nd airborne that were dropped west of the flooded Merderet River. The screen shots below highlight the beautiful effects of Lucky_Strike's Hedgerow Hell mod selectively applied for 'June' scenery. His thinned out tree foliage further enhances the pleasing effect. As is frequently the case for my maps, Falaise's 22.5 degree roads mod is a 'must' have. My reference for the elevation contours is at https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte which provides 2.5 and 5 meter intervals. One meter intervals have been added for the streams and gullies which cut the terrain. These have been both estimated and gleaned from the one meter interval flood maps available at https://www.floodmap.net. The latter resource was also used to place the high water mark at the 3 meter line. So far four weeks of nearly full-time work to get to this point. A retirement obsession.Amfreville Overhaul work-in-progress
le Bourg Neuf left and la Fiere causeway right.Same as former but aerialOn the causeway heading CauquinyCauquiny left, cemetery rightFieldsMore fields looking northle Motey looking north-eastGerman view looking south. Les Helpiquest right.PIR view looking north at les Helpiquets. Field of flax.

Last edited:
some of those images look like digitised photos of the real terrain, great work. Bringing 1940's Normandy to life

some of those images look like digitised photos of the real terrain, great work. Bringing 1940's Normandy to life
The beautiful look is due to four different graphics mods by various creators. Terrain by Aris, terrain further modified by the 'Hedgerow Hell' mod, new buildings by TaL and Kieme and Haut Vents building reskins by me. Once I publish the map, I will include the mods with it for user convenience.

great stuff Kandu, i love any graphic mods that improve the immersion. I already have some installed but these are taking it up another level. I only stumbled on your various mod posts today, fantastic work. Buron looks stunning with the mod work.

great stuff Kandu, i love any graphic mods that improve the immersion. I already have some installed but these are taking it up another level. I only stumbled on your various mod posts today, fantastic work. Buron looks stunning with the mod work.
Thank you for your kind words. Personally, I have installed just about every mod available and added a few of my own including further modifying other mods. I have also mod-tagged quite a few especially those that are unit specific. For example, adding a divisional patch to Juju's portrait icons and then adding a mod tag to these so they can be called in a scenario. I have also mod-tagged my complete collection of CMBN scenarios to automatically call the units and vehicles (if patched) for each scenario as well as building skins specific to the region. I guess I am an addict for 'eye candy'.

oh me too, i have the entire Aris vehicle collections across all theatres, uniform mods galore and Juju's various building/scenery mods. Even small mods like the low level vegetation can make a big difference to immersion at ground level. Where can i grab your great buildings? the Normandy and Dutch buildings look excellent. Will look out for the Hedgerow hell mod too. Are the revamped scenarios available at the Depot?

oh me too, i have the entire Aris vehicle collections across all theatres, uniform mods galore and Juju's various building/scenery mods. Even small mods like the low level vegetation can make a big difference to immersion at ground level. Where can i grab your great buildings? the Normandy and Dutch buildings look excellent. Will look out for the Hedgerow hell mod too. Are the revamped scenarios available at the Depot?
My Haut Vents building skins are still available at the Green as Jade's web site. I don't think they have been ported over to the FGM yet. I uploaded some of the Dutch buildings to FGM's scenario site as there was no way to upload to the mods site that I could find. The Dutch buildings are still a work-in-progress temporarily on Pause because I got frustrated with how the sides of the buildings each stretch brick differently making it very difficult to get a good match between sides. Hedgerow Hell is available at FGM's mods site. But you need to do a LOT of sorting through it to select the mods you want. I have put the ones that I want into folders for June, July, and August-September and then install these using JSGME as required.

The mod-tagged scenarios are not posted anywhere. I can dropbox them to you if you want. But there is a caveat. You need to mod-tag the corresponding mods to match the tags.

Last edited:
Back