Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ARMA 3 eMarine War Journal

Septic Limb

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Here is a couple pics of my eMarine career with the 15th MEU milsim unit.
2014-02-08_00004.jpg
Going over some basics in RCT
2014-02-08_00007.jpg
Mounting up for the range
2014-02-08_00009.jpg
Another recruit trying to get a better view
2014-02-08_00013.jpg
M72 training
2014-02-08_00015.jpg
DI giving another lecture

All the above pics where taken during SOI which is four classes taken over two weekends. Each class can run from 1.5 - 2.5 hours. I have completed SOI and have been assigned to weapons platoon in Foxtrot company as an ammo man to the 240 gunner. I will post more pics after more training and field exercises, then eventually an operation.

Some classic hurry up and wait.
2014-02-22_00004.jpg
In the bird on the way to the AO. All the seats where filled and it had to go back and pick up another team.
2014-02-22_00007.jpg Bird leaving the LZ
2014-02-22_00010.jpg The man and machine that I have to feed ammo to.
2014-02-22_00011.jpg
Oscar Mike
2014-02-22_00013.jpg
Some of my 240 gunner's handy work.
2014-02-22_00014.jpg Debriefing (My MG team had the highest kill count)
2014-02-22_00016.jpg
This was a weapons platoon training mission with about thirty people. I will try to get some action shots next time but when we become engaged I am very busy and forget to take pics.

Last nights FTX. I heard that we where close to seventy strong.
2014-02-23_00001.jpg
2014-02-23_00002.jpg
2014-02-23_00003.jpg
Half of us moved out by convoy and the other half by chopper.
Some of the guys recorded the mission so I will post a link or a highlight video soon.

Still think its all a bit anal with the realism factor. Seems like power trips for a few guys... 70 folk though... way cool. Imagine that on one channel... LOL

Radio discipline required. :) I think that's why these groups have an over 18 or over 21 age policy. But ACRE would help. @Septic Limb - What modern weaponry mod is that? The one we're using?

Would love to take part but yeah never going to happen given my timezone. Mmmm if I could just win lotto and retire... maybe.

Still think its all a bit anal with the realism factor. Seems like power trips for a few guys...

This is a problem with some members and can be a serious fun killer.

@Ithikial
Most of the weapons and uniforms are done by Massi and are available to download. Some stuff like the AT4 and some smaller things Massi just made for the 15th. We use TFAR for coms and it works very well.

Last edited:
Here is a link to Sundays FTX 9MAR14.

Was posted on a hill and didn't fire a single shot the entire mission, very boring mission for Haymaker 4.

The fun factor is dropping with this unit and I am not sure how much longer I will stay.

23MAR14
First official mission for Operation Steal Panther or something... don't really care. Please refer to FTX 9MAR14 which is a couple posts up. Landed at the same LZ and Haymaker 4 ( my MG squad ) went to the same DAMN hill that we occupied during the FTX and had the same results too, 0 kills/0 shots fired. I came to the conclusion during my hour and forty-five minutes of starring at shrubs, that the leadership has absolutely zero idea on how to utilize his MG assets. We are consistently placed on a hill and forgotten about every time. Any of you who play the Combat Mission games can more than likely back me up on this. I find MG teams to be one of the best assets in CM, they have solid firepower with all the benefits of being infantry ( movement, concealment, etc...). To just leave that asset on a hill doing nothing makes your infantry work twice as hard to accomplish their goals and I cant imagine any grunt saying no too having a 240 helping his team out.

Sorry about the rant but this unit is turning into a waste of my time.

PS. They are pushing the servers to 100 ( don't think they hit that number yet but they are getting close) capacity which sounds cool but just means more hurry up and wait.

Mmmm sounds like bad mission design to me - not planning ahead for the expected number of players to log online. Some of the 15th MEU videos I've seen looks like at times they are just making it up the fly. MCC I assume. I mean that can work but having someone trying to create a battle while also be a platoon leader at the same time is probably asking for trouble for engagements that size.

Perhaps Zeus will help? Or at least push groups to having a dedicated game master making life hell for the guys on the ground. Just an outsiders opinion.

For large OPs they have a separate game master who goes by call sign Omega.

Changed it up and put in for a transfer to Haymaker 2 (2nd platoon). Will miss the 240 but 2nd platoon's Lt. likes his Marines in the thick of it.

With that many players participating would it not be a lot more fun to pit human vs human? Or do they stick strictly to vs AI?
The unit doesn't practice PvP on the basis that it creates too much drama. I can see where they are coming from so I can respect their decision on the matter. Personally I think that PvP on that scale with structured units and actual objectives would be epic.

Back