Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 3rd September - 12:00 BST / 13:00 CET

Vartuoosi

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
110202408.jpg

It's late November 1942 and Operation Torch is in full swing. Minesweeper USS Brant has been tasked with sweeping a small canal for mines. However that canal is covered by an old French fort and friendly ground forces who were supposed move in and secure the fort have been seriously delayed. In order to keep with schedule a landing party from the ships complement will be formed and their task is to scout the fort and secure it in case it is held by enemy forces. If there is touble USS Brant is on call to provide fire support with her 3 inch gun.

Slots for 10 players.

Modlist
WW2

Server IP: 164.132.201.37
Server Port: 2302
Password: FBM
TS address: srv32.ts3.hu:4000

The inspiration for this mission was trying to figure how to sensibly have US troops armed with the M1903 Springfields in ETO/MTO (can't do Pacific with current modset) and then coming across this video

Kinda weird historically...infantry squads and companies made up of naval personnel eh?
Although the concept has been around for hundreds of years.

I've been thinking about moments from that last mission...

Near the end, we had basically cleared the fort, including that smaller building with the tripod MG42 on it (it had a scope too! I looked through it.).
I'm pretty sure it was the MG that took several of us out, including me.

Then it seemed like the AI did a little counterattack near the small building.
Where did they come from? Up the riverbank?

There was a pause in the fighting and I ran to the small building.
Through a window halfway up the stairs I got 2 enemy that were approaching.
Then when I got to the second story landing, I saw an enemy medic taking over the tripod MG and emptied my Thompson at him.

It was an enjoyable mission, thanks for constructing it @Vartuoosi.

I've been thinking about moments from that last mission...

Near the end, we had basically cleared the fort, including that smaller building with the tripod MG42 on it (it had a scope too! I looked through it.).
I'm pretty sure it was the MG that took several of us out, including me.

Then it seemed like the AI did a little counterattack near the small building.
Where did they come from? Up the riverbank?

There was a pause in the fighting and I ran to the small building.
Through a window halfway up the stairs I got 2 enemy that were approaching.
Then when I got to the second story landing, I saw an enemy medic taking over the tripod MG and emptied my Thompson at him.

It was an enjoyable mission, thanks for constructing it @Vartuoosi.
A squad of Germans arrived on a boat from east via the canal and landed near that MG-building.

Back