Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 5th September - 12:00 BST – British Summer Time

Redbully

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Teamspeak address:
37.17.170.6:3007

Server address:
Port:
Password:
Provided on the day in TS

@DoubleD @Aurelius @Concord @Gnarly @Vartuoosi @holoween @Nathangun

Mod list:
-CBA A3
-CUP Weapons
-CUP Units
-CUP Vehicles
-CUP Terrains-Core
-CUP Terrains-Maps
-Community Faction Project (CFP)
-ace
-CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon-Terrains
-CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon-Vehicles
-CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon-Weapons
-Task Force Arrowhead Radio (BETA!!!)
-LAMBS_DANGER.fsm
-LAMBS_RPG
-LAMBS_Suppression
-Zeus Enhanced
-Zeus Enhanced-ACE3 Compatibility
(Links migth be wrong as steam was down at the time)
Edit: Forgot these mods
-Enhanced Movement
-Enhanced Movement Rework
-DUI - Squad Radar

Modlist:
FGM_Operation_Arrowhead.html

Mission:
Arma 3 mp campaign based on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead. The missions will differ from the original as they are made for MP rather than SP.
Since this operation is a joint United Nation mandate the players can choose what force to play as from: BAF, Bundeswehr, US Army, USMC, Russian VDV, ION PMC and the UN. (If any other faction from CUP or CFP is desirable just comment and I'll add it to the script.)

Mission 1 - Good morning Takistan
Dagger one will destroy the takistani early warning radar before 0700.

Operation Arrowhead will start at 0700 with code Juleen, starting an airborne strike of TF (Task Force) Knight on Loy Manara airport and the adjoined military base protecting it. This will allow our planes to establish supply routes and provide first bridgehead into central Takistan.

Teaser:
1630360709797.png
(WIP)

Original intro from ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead:

Last edited:
Looks great!

Will we be gearing up, or using pre-set gear?

To speed up my newb gear set up...
I assume we can't load the previous setup, like I saved in previous missions?
Even if that's the case, I assume we will be able to save a new setup for future missions here?

Will all players be from the same nation/branch, or everyone chooses?
Does each nation/branch have its own limited selection of gear?

Thanks.

The playable faction is selected on the mission parameters before the mission is started. I have a script that will copy the gear from a preset arma loadout from the selected faction.

Example: If you play as the marksman you start with the default marksman loadout of the selected faction. In the arsenal you only have access to gear from your selected faction. So a British marksman does not have access to the SVD. I have not made any restriction on gear by role as i assume people will stick with their selected role.

There are a few choices of weapons and gear in the arsenal.
Will all players be from the same nation/branch, or everyone chooses?
Every player will be from the same branch.

Whew! You just saved me an hour of selecting stuff at the arsenal. :sneaky:

Hmm, I wonder what nation/branch will be the popular choice? I'll leave it up to the Grogs.

Hmm, you shoudln't have to download the Global Mobilization patch if you don't have GM.

I prefer this

Oh you sweet summer child.
Well, it's more that i don't want to make separate gear array for each class (for each faction). I already have 3 arrays for each faction (crew, pilot, infantry) and still need to add spec ops.

Example: British infantry.
[ace_arsenal_box, ["TFAR_anarc164","TFAR_anarc210","TFAR_anprc155","TFAR_anprc155_coyote","ATMine_Range_Mag","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag","SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag","ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag","APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag","SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Mag","APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag","CUP_PipeBomb_M","CUP_Mine_M","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellOrange","SmokeShellPurple","SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellYellow","B_IR_Grenade","ACE_RangeTable_82mm","ACE_adenosine","ACE_artilleryTable","ACE_ATragMX","ACE_Banana","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_elasticBandage","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_quikclot","ACE_bloodIV","ACE_bloodIV_250","ACE_bloodIV_500","ACE_bodyBag","ACE_CableTie","ACE_Cellphone","ACE_Chemlight_Shield","ACE_DAGR","ACE_DeadManSwitch","ACE_DefusalKit","ACE_EarPlugs","ACE_EntrenchingTool","ACE_epinephrine","FirstAidKit","ACE_Flashlight_MX991","ACE_HuntIR_monitor","ACE_IR_Strobe_Item","ACE_Kestrel4500","ACE_Flashlight_KSF1","ACE_M26_Clacker","ACE_Clacker","ACE_Flashlight_XL50","ACE_MapTools","Medikit","ACE_microDAGR","MineDetector","ACE_morphine","ACE_personalAidKit","ACE_plasmaIV","ACE_plasmaIV_250","ACE_plasmaIV_500","ACE_RangeCard","ACE_rope12","ACE_rope15","ACE_rope18","ACE_rope27","ACE_rope36","ACE_salineIV","ACE_salineIV_250","ACE_salineIV_500","ACE_Sandbag_empty","ACE_splint","ACE_SpottingScope","ACE_SpraypaintBlack","ACE_SpraypaintBlue","ACE_SpraypaintGreen","ACE_SpraypaintRed","ACE_Tripod","ACE_surgicalKit","ToolKit","ACE_tourniquet","ACE_UAVBattery","ACE_wirecutter","ItemGPS","ItemWatch","TFAR_anprc148jem","TFAR_anprc152","TFAR_anprc154","ItemCompass","ItemMap","Binocular","CUP_arifle_L85A2_GL_Elcan_Laser","CUP_acc_LLM","CUP_optic_Elcan_reflex_pip","CUP_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_L85","CUP_1Rnd_HE_M203","CUP_hgun_Glock17_blk","CUP_17Rnd_9x19_glock17","CUP_U_B_BAF_MTP_UBACSROLLEDKNEE","CUP_NVG_HMNVS","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_morphine","ACE_tourniquet","Chemlight_green","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_Officer","UGL_FlareCIR_F","CUP_1Rnd_SmokeGreen_M203","CUP_1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203","CUP_1Rnd_Smoke_M203","CUP_1Rnd_StarFlare_White_M203","CUP_1Rnd_StarFlare_Red_M203","CUP_1Rnd_StarFlare_Green_M203","CUP_1Rnd_StarCluster_Green_M203","CUP_HandGrenade_L109A2_HE","B_IR_Grenade","Chemlight_red","Chemlight_blue","Chemlight_yellow","SmokeShell","CUP_B_Motherlode_Radio_MTP","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk6_EMPTY_PRR","ItemMap","ItemGPS","ItemRadio","ItemCompass","TFAR_microdagr","CUP_arifle_L85A2_ACOG_Laser","CUP_optic_ACOG","CUP_U_B_BAF_MTP_UBACSTSHIRTKNEE","FirstAidKit","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_Medic","CUP_B_Motherlode_Medic_MTP","Medikit","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk6_NETTING_PRR","ItemWatch","CUP_optic_Elcan_reflex","CUP_U_B_BAF_MTP_UBACSLONGKNEE","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_Grenadier","CUP_1Rnd_HEDP_M203","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk6_GLASS_PRR","CUP_G_Oakleys_Drk","CUP_srifle_L129A1_HG_Leupold_Bipod","CUP_optic_Leupold_VX3","CUP_20Rnd_762x51_L129_M","CUP_bipod_Harris_1A2_L","ACE_EarPlugs","CUP_HandGrenade_L109A1_HE","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_Scout","CUP_Vector21Nite","CUP_arifle_L85A2_Elcan_Laser","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_AutomaticRifleman","CUP_100Rnd_TE4_Green_Tracer_556x45_M249","SmokeShellGreen","CUP_B_Kombat_Autorfle_Olive","CUP_G_Shades_Black","CUP_lmg_minimipara","CUP_200Rnd_TE4_Red_Tracer_556x45_M249","CUP_100Rnd_TE4_Red_Tracer_556x45_M249","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk7_PRR_SCRIM_B","CUP_B_Predator_Radio_MTP","CUP_lmg_L7A2","CUP_100Rnd_TE4_LRT4_Red_Tracer_762x51_Belt_M","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk7_PRR_SCRIM_A","CUP_srifle_AWM_wdl_SBPMII","CUP_optic_SB_3_12x50_PMII","CUP_5Rnd_86x70_L115A1","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk6_GOGGLES_PRR","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_Engineer","CUP_B_Predator_Mine_MTP","ToolKit","MineDetector","APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag","APERSMineDispenser_Mag","CUP_Mine_M","CUP_G_Oakleys_Embr","CUP_launch_M136_Loaded","CUP_M136_M","CUP_V_B_BAF_MTP_Osprey_Mk4_Rifleman","CUP_B_Predator_RLAT_MTP","CUP_launch_NLAW_Loaded","CUP_NLAW_M","CUP_B_Kombat_Radio_Repair_Olive","CUP_H_BAF_MTP_Mk6_EMPTY","CUP_B_Predator_Ammo_MTP","CUP_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","CUP_5Rnd_127x99_as50_M","CUP_8Rnd_12Gauge_Pellets_No00_Buck","CUP_8Rnd_12Gauge_Slug"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

Doesn't loading games from an external HDD take a long time?

Yeah, CUP mods are big, and I don't really like them.

My group made a complete transition to RHS mods, with only CUP terrains and maybe one more CUP mod in use. I saved us about 17 GB of space.

RHS is so much better. First time I played around in the editor I grabbed an M21A - a rifle I was issued and I was in total shock - it was the PERFECT recreation of the actual rifle. I remembered all the good times and the bad ones I've had with it... Same with M84 machinegun (hence my love for PKMs) and even the M80 Zolja - everything was like I remember it.

I completely agree with that. But i actually assumed RHS was larger than CUP.
CUP + CFP is worse than RHS + Project OPFOR in my opinion.

It would not be a bad idea to standardize our modern and ww2 mod sets.

Base RHS
RHSAFRF: 7gb
RHSGREF: 2.7gb
RHSSAF: 0.8gb
RHSUSAF: 7.4gb
Project Opfor: 1.7gb
total: ~20gb

Base CUP
CUP Vehicles: 9.47gb
CUP Units: 5gb
CUP Weapons: 5.7gb
CFP: 4.3gb
total ~24.5gb

RHS + BAF
RHSAFRF: 7gb
RHSGREF: 2.7gb
RHSSAF: 0.8gb
RHSUSAF: 7.4gb
Project Opfor: 1.7gb
3CB Factions: 9gb
3CB BAF Vehicles: 1.5gb
3CB BAF Units: N/A
3CB BAF Weapons: 1.3gb
3CB BAF Equipment: 0.5gb
total: 23.3gb without 3CB Factions and 32.3gb with.
(3cb factions is not required for BAF)

That is some really good optimization from the RHS team considering i feel they have more vehicle and unit options and higher quality. That said, some may be upset that RHS has no British equipment.

Edited with required mods for BAF. Only 3.3 gb mods needed for BAF and another 9 for a complete suit of OPFOR units. So with BAF it still has a smaller footprint than CUP.

Last edited:
I actually forgot about 3cb Factions aswell. That is much more content than CUP + CFP and still having a total smaller disksize. I will make an edit to my earlier comment.

I find it odd that 3cb faction is only a 1.3 gb on the workshop but 9gb on my drive.

Last edited:
I am for RHS content and don't mind adding BAF to it.

@Nathangun if you download only the mods from the preset, I think you would be abke to join.

This mission will be the ultimate test if i still remember how to properly script for ArmA multiplayer. Had to dust off my rusty knowledge of how to use FSM for missionflow as well as public veriables for JIP clients. As well as running scripts both locally for clients and only on server.

1630516329675.png
Still have to test the mission on a dedicated server with a HC to make sure scripts only fire once.

Back