Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ARMA III [Online Co-Op] Roll Call

As far as Alive goes - I run it locally on my own PC when making missions and it performs quite admirably. Its completely scaleable - you dont have to create huge scenarios - it basically boils down to being able to play missions that are bigger than your hardware can handle currently, with negligible performance hits. For a large battles using Alive you would probably need a dedicated server.

Concerning mods - things have progresses nicely since Arma 2 - when it was an absolute mission getting the right mods and keeping them up to date. Now with the Playwithsix launcher you can just create a repo file - which is a link to all the mods used communally by your group, everything is updated automatically and everytime someone new joins in you just give them a hyperlink and all needed mods are automagically installed - like so http://zulu-alpha.co.za/offices-sop/mods-sop/

( if you scroll down the page you will see links - these are for each of the servers. Playwithsix even saves them as presets so you can oneclick and start the game using a combination of whatever mods are needed )

Saying all that I do understand that it can be a barrier to just having a casual game and thats fine - you dont "need" mods to have a blast in Arma - but coming from years in the Arma community, for me the game and mods are completely intertwined.

Lastly I would STRONGLY suggest you guys playing DUWS. Its been my go to mission for months
Absolutely love it. Its very tweakable (ingame) so you can set all kinds of parameters - number of zones etc. Its got a really nice progression to it - you really feel like you are clearing out an area and making headway. Lots of combat also which is great - and the ability to purchase equipment and things like helicopter taxis, supply drops etc.

Great mission - completely replayable too since its dynamic. I've replayed that mission probably close to a hundred times over the last few months.

Taliessyn.... we are all pretty much beginners here to be honest but Im interested in what you propose and am certainly onboard for anything you plan.

If you have the time and can run posts maybe covering PlaywithSix, ACRE etc that would be great and each of us could install it etc.

We are by no means particularly good at this game... we are just a bunch of middle aged men looking for a bit of realism, communication and a lot of fun. If you can help us that would be great. :)

Would be glad to help. Will try and put some posts together covering bits and pieces over the next few days.
Yeah I dont expect you guys will adopt anything straight off the bat, don't want to needlessly complicate things! But will put the info out there and then as you go if you guys want to incorporate any of it you'll be forearmed with knowledges. And being "good" at arma is such a fickle thing. The group I have played with in the past is made up of a mix of normal civvie types with a sprinkling of past servicemen and we regularly get quite ruthlessly humbled, despite all our bravado. ;)
Thing I like about Arma is its as fun taking it seriously and planning out ops as it is just jumping in with a bunch of mates and trying not to get too chewed up. Losing in arma is great fun if the fight is good.

Will write a post about the two communications mods out there at the moment - since they will make a huge impact to your experience if you use nothing else ( ACRE and Task Force Radio ) Both use teamspeak. Will start a thread

Should be but I may have to pass.

Heatwave here this weekend. 44 degrees tomorrow and 41 degrees on Sunday. That means nights will be around 35 degrees. Not exactly prime lets wear heavy headphones and concentrate in front of a heater of a PC weather. :(

Heatwave here this weekend. 44 degrees tomorrow and 41 degrees on Sunday. That means nights will be around 35 degrees. Not exactly prime lets wear heavy headphones and concentrate in front of a heater of a PC weather. :(
Pffft, child's play. That's regular summer weather here in south Texas :D.

nathangun said:
Does everyone need to have DUWS installed in order to play it ?
No, it's just a mission, and it doesn't require any addons. You can download it here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21817 The one on the workshop is borked according to the author.

I should be available today. If someone has something they want to try let's give it a go, otherwise I could run a patrol operations scenario. No mid mission loud music, promise, and as its written by someone else hopefully everyone keeps there clothes on!

It creates dynamic missions based on the count of players, has a nice revive script, custom load options and we can get AI transport in helicopters.

Sounds good. I'll open up the scenario around 13:00 GMT, 'The FGM' PW panther. No mods should be needed and if you can't see it in the server list contact me in steam or on the forums here and I'll invite you directly.

See you all soon.

Patrol Ops is great. We had two assault missions and then a supply convoy to rap it up. This is defiantly a go to mission for future games. Excited to see what gets thrown at us when we have more guys next time.

Not only does Vart have soft healing hands, he can sing like an angel too.:D

I had lots of fun on this one. Vart needs his own recording deal, driving songs for route 69, and hats off to Nelson, he took loads of damage but was always there when needed for healing.

Everything seemed pretty bug free in mission, I really liked the variety and the balance. Like Septic said, would be interesting to see what it throws at us if we are 8-10 peeps.

It would be helpful to know from others what the lag was like? I didn't see anywhere near as many lag messages compared to when I hosted the previous mission.

I doubt I'll be around next weekend, family plans. I put the download link further up in the post if anyone else wants to host.

This was a great mission. Definately need to try it with more players.

It would be helpful to know from others what the lag was like? I didn't see anywhere near as many lag messages compared to when I hosted the previous mission.
Connection was good this time, no problems.

Put it in the Arma 3 MP folder and run it like a normal MP game. You can edit the parameters in the top right when everyone is loaded in, just before you launch.

Back