Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle of the commanders tourney announcement

That was quite a battle! Huge losses in the first ten turns or so. Then I backed off on using veteran replacements a little. Then, all of a sudden, the Allies just kind of melted away. Weather was so bad I felt a bit silly even bothering with air power. At least I chose not to buy strategic bombers.

I think the turn length was optimistic. Has anyone reach 30? Or expects to?

I'm really liking PC with a chance to play against a human opponent!

I'm glad to hear you so optimistic. I would love to hear feedback

-turn lenght
-prestige
-???

Stalin does not want to receive me, Just my head now ;-), the political officer is at the door waiting for me to do what as suposed to be done;-), but I'll write a few words about this great tournament. The deseigner that DG tryed this, favored a war of attrition, who spent less the prestige of an overall win. As MTK knew very well spent his prestige we engaged in a battle north of Stalingrad in his attempt to cross the Volga around and flank the city that represents three VPs, and consequently much of the victory for those who hold it. I realized early sighting his movement beyond the initial blizzard, used cheap cavalry reconnaissance squadrons and my PE8 used with impunity as a photo reconnaissance. I threw my whole armored red guards corp to block the SS Panzer Corps. To the south of staligrado MTK tried a probe of the route to Caspian Sea oil and Krasnodar.

We fought division by division on an equal fighting, but MTK always handled their Tigers panzer divisions with force down to 3 to the rear before I could destroy them. He doesn´t lost so many Tigers becouse he moved them very well, and noticed that it was difficult for him with so many tigers to chase divisions of T34, which always managed to disengage when I wanted, but as I used so many slow KVs, they often catched them and overcomes me.

Finally, I want to make a warning to my fellow cammarads before my sad end, watch the weather and blizzards, I spent a lot of points in the VVS, and had the firepower of IL-2 to successfully destroy the panzer divisions refiting in the rear, in a few rounds I had a favorable climate, drive IL-2 made ​​the difference and caused great damage, even destroy a panzer division complete, the fighters were useless, even La5 were slaughtered one by one, often IL-2 did everything alone, causing damage to 3-4 while surving assaults from FW190A. in my case, the general winter hurt me. I could not use more than the Il-2, and when I was without prestige enough to keep the line of the Volga, the river front broke and MTK easily covered with heavy snowfall flanked stalingrad from the rear and all was lost ...

Now, my red army general persona;-) needs to die, until the next game, I liked the map DG MTK and much of the game so far was the best match I played PZC.

Salute!

I gambled a bit as my planned major offensive was to the north and then turning south to attack Stalingrad from a direction away from prepared defenses. So, I split my forces a bit and used some to feint an offensive, to soak off some of the Soviet strength, in the south while I used brute force in the north. Opposite Stalingrad I only had 3 infantry SS units and an 88 to delay any attack out of the City.

The attack to the north didn't get off to a fast start (for which I may have paid in blood) as after moving forward I halted 2-3 turns to reinforce my spearhead units by another couple of points based on their 2-star experience levels. I don't know if that helped, but it made me feel better. Given the mostly anti-plane weather I was encountering I thought a little more ground strength would be helpful.

I opted not to buy strategic air and bought some 88's instead. With their dual AA & AT capabilities I probably should have added a couple of more.

I did buy a few infantry that I had in ports that I intended to set to sea if the ports themselves were not threatened. That was a waste because the scenario does not allow for sea transport. Something in the scenario briefing about that would have been informative.

FGMers that haven't gotten into PC should give it some more thought. Very easy to play, difficult to master.

Aulette, many thanks for the battle.

Guys,

I'm terribly sorry but I'm gonna pull the plug on this tourney. I simply don't have the time to keep it running.
My new training is keeping me away from gaming. I want to give CMBN priority. I do want to keep playing
Panzer Corps scenario's vs human opponent.

Don't worry there will be a new and improved tourney once I have advanced from training.

DG

Thanks for the effort DG. Hope you can do something Bootie. If all else fails, we could just do paired games of stock maps and compare results to decide the winner.

Also, all Allies lost correct? I would be ok with restarting with paired game format to give those guys a fair shot.

I think nikkivid and I got to about turn 17 or so. I also liked the limits that were put on armored units and Heavy armor units. I like having a nod to history so that we don't have a German player with all Panthers and Tigers. I like having to use Panzer IV's and mobile AT units etc.

That is great news Boss. It would indeed be sad to let this tourney die.

All great idea's and thanks Rico! Paired would be indeed an good idea. Only thing is that people should not foget to hit the C key and print screen the casualties before the battle is over. This way you can determen the score.

How do you determine the score with the print screen of the casualties DG? Thanks.

Back