Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battlefront and a new PC

Buckykatt

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I asked John at Battlefront what I would have to do to load all my games on to a new PC and his answer was the following. Sorry if this has already been discussed as I must have missed it. Thanks John!! This means I won’t have to buy a CD drive now.

Hi Dave,

Congrats on the new rig! You're going to be VERY happy about what I have to say. The 4.0 Upgrade includes all-in-one full game installers for all of the games. That means that for the WWII and Black Sea games you have a total of 5 things to download and install. 1 for each game. They install the base game and all modules, patches, Packs and Upgrades for each game right up to the most recent patches for each. The convoluted step by step installation process is gone forever. I saw that you purchased the 4.0 Upgrade Big Bundle. Use that link and you will see the full game installers for each game available for download. Once installed you use the Activate New Products utility and use the list below as a cheat sheet for what you need to activate the games:

CMBN:
And module and Pack keys that you own

CMFI:
Original base game
And module keys that you have

CMRT:
O riginal base game

CMBS:
Original base game

CMFB:
Original base game

Please let me know if you have any questions.

John

So do you just install 4 or do you install 3 then 4 then bundles?

I actually haven’t done this as yet. But it appears you install the game from Battlefronts site. That will be the base game. Then use the “activate new products” using the keys that you were given.

I believe you need to sequentially enter the activation codes beginning with the code you received when you originally purchased the base game (I.e. CMFI, or CMFB). After activating the base game, you enter the V4, and purchased module codes in any order, but i’d enter them in the order of module release, so first GL, then R2V. You don’t need to enter the previous version upgrade codes, just the V4 code.
I’m pretty sure this is correct.

P.S. You should probably keep your activation codes secret. They have a limited number of uses per year, but you wouldn’t want someone else using that up.

So 3, 4 then bundles?
No need for 3 if you download the full installers for 4. Since we are talking about a new machine here just get the full installers and skip the upgrade installers - those need 3.

You do have to enter all your activation codes but they do no need to be entered in order.

I have had to raise a ticket with battlefront as it isn't recognising my account - not a good start.

Sorry to be a numpty but does anyone have an idiots step by step guide to installing on a new machine?

Panic over - found something on the Battlefront site.

Does anyone have a copy of HTH Helper they could send me?

Back