Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battlefront Christmas Video

And from what period will they start the Eastern front. 41-42 or 43-44 or 44-45? or 41-45?

Well I like late war periods. Where is this stated? Is there any news when they are planning to release this?

Biggest thing that interest me is how they plan to tackle the East Front in terms of releases. Having a base game for 44-45 and then a seperate base game and family for each year before that would clog up people's hard drives and be annoying, but I can see BF staff need to make a living. (not to mention a nightmare for map makers and modders). I'm sought of hoping they go with one base game and lots of modules which adds on more forces and time periods, just to avoid clutter and ease on the user side.
Amen. They should have done this with step one. One game "CMX2" and everything else add on modules, families, packs, etc... So when 3.0 comes out we will have to also update CMBN and CMFI to use the new features? I have no problem with this but as Ithikial states could turn into a nightmare for some. Hopefully they realize this and follow what Ith states above.

Fabulous news. I may need to break out my best Vodka and tank riding pants. Prost!

I must upgrade eek I mean replace my computer this iMac has been very good to me but sorely lacking in the GPU dept.Then playing those big maps can become a reality.
I'm thinking of a gaming laptop for CM2, a PC not mac. Love my macs but to limited for my gaming itch.

Be interested to know what you decide Hangfire, I am using an older iMac and wondering - what next - but rebuying everything on a PC would break my little heart - not to mention the wallet. Or are you thinking Apple laptop?

Be interested to know what you decide Hangfire, I am using an older iMac and wondering - what next - but rebuying everything on a PC would break my little heart - not to mention the wallet. Or are you thinking Apple laptop?
Sorry I ninja edited you... I own a iMac a macbook and a macbook pro all have /are great but in the end I think PC will serve me better for gaming. My Macs will be good for surfing /family use
Negatives of PC(for me) are of course re-investing in MS office and all CM2 titles
Thinking of Alienware MX18 on the high end but... shopping comparing and could end up with a compromise

My concern is Flamethowers.... we need Flamethowers, and really Mortar weapons from vehicles... Glad I started this thread, seems of interest... how bout 1940 France... :)

Oh the hours of enjoyment I took from CMBB will ALL now need to be repeated in CMEF.....or is that CMOF? Or is it CM3BB? Argh, I'm already confused.

I like the setup of one base game per front and adding to that via modules.
It enabled full attention to details per front and mods tailored to one game rather than having to switch mods on and off depending on which battle you want to play in one and the same game.
As an added bonus this system will provide more revenue for BFC I would think, giving us more toys in the long run.

Amen. They should have done this with step one. One game "CMX2" and everything else add on modules, families, packs, etc... So when 3.0 comes out we will have to also update CMBN and CMFI to use the new features? I have no problem with this but as Ithikial states could turn into a nightmare for some. Hopefully they realize this and follow what Ith states above.

Yup, we will also get 3.0 engine upgrades for CMBN and CMFI, probably for 10 bucks each though :) Although I gotta say Battlefront is one of very few game companies I gladly throw my money at for still making ambitious games so no problem here :)

Someone also asked about release date? Well, Steve hinted in that topic that there will be more details in January and that the wait might be shorter than we expect - so I'd say it should be released around Jan/Feb.

Plus 1 to all of this from me. I've tried saying as much in various threads on the BF forum: but of course they have their own ideas, and are - sadly - probably too far down the road to change now.

If BF were going to let the earlier titles atrophy and NOT update BN and FI to 3.0 then I could understand their logic of keeping them separate, though it would be bad news. But as they ARE going to update them (kudos to them for doing so), it seems so much easier both from their and our sides to have just one game engine and all the "content" available separately.

It wouldn't seem to need them to change their business model of charging for major engine upgrades and issuing free patches, and of course charging for each new package of content.

Perhaps they may change their minds ...

I actually don't mind their current business model and the paid upgrades never upset me. New features that keeps all released games consistent as time passes is a big plus for me - especially for wargaming. Will have to see when Ost Front hits and how they plan to tackle it for the years ahead. $10 upgrades for three or four titles, yeah possible. 7 titles (one for each year of Ost front and the other games already out) would be a little hard on the budget. Especially with modules being released alongside it.

I actually don't mind their current business model and the paid upgrades never upset me. New features that keeps all released games consistent as time passes is a big plus for me - especially for wargaming. Will have to see when Ost Front hits and how they plan to tackle it for the years ahead. $10 upgrades for three or four titles, yeah possible. 7 titles (one for each year of Ost front and the other games already out) would be a little hard on the budget. Especially with modules being released alongside it.
I am far from complaining about giving BF my money. Hell in the past couple years between CM, TOW, and others I have shelled out pretty damn near 700 bones to them. All the upgrades, models, packs, whatever you call them are awesome. Glad to see they are putting work into the games. I just wish it built upon one base game from the beginning. That way everything would be available to making scenarios, QB's, maps, etc... You could pit the Russians vs the Italians or Russians vs the USA. You also would not need to upgrade CMBN, CMFI, and now CMEF (so many games). They could still charge us the same amount as they would normally (I would not have an qualms about that). Just think of the possibilities with the various units, terrain, and maps.

I am far from complaining about giving BF my money. Hell in the past couple years between CM, TOW, and others I have shelled out pretty damn near 700 bones to them. All the upgrades, models, packs, whatever you call them are awesome. Glad to see they are putting work into the games. I just wish it built upon one base game from the beginning. That way everything would be available to making scenarios, QB's, maps, etc... You could pit the Russians vs the Italians or Russians vs the USA. You also would not need to upgrade CMBN, CMFI, and now CMEF (so many games). They could still charge us the same amount as they would normally (I would not have an qualms about that). Just think of the possibilities with the various units, terrain, and maps.

Another plus one to this from me.

When I mentioned BF's business model in my earlier post, I specifically said that - in my opinion only, of course - they would NOT need to change the basis on which they charge for upgrades and content. I also have bought and will buy anything BF do in the CMx2 family, and its future derivatives.

If there were only one game engine, then when we get to v 4.0 there would be only one iteration of it to charge for, rather than one charge each for all of the game families; so that would "cost" BF some lost income.

But in return, they would be doing the work only for the one engine; the time released could presumably be used to develop other paid for content, and so replace the foregone "engine" income.

To me the benefits of simplicity and interchangeability of one game engine come without necessarily costing BF revenue.

Back