Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

British tank destroyer w/ largest gun ever fitted

I never knew that thing existed. It looks like they tried to outdo the early WW2 Soviet designs in sheer brutality.

I just realized I could / should have dropped this into the existing British Heavy Armor thread, sorry my excitement got ahead of my brain when I found this video

I love those guys over at the Tank Museum. Their little side remarks make it fun to watch.

OMG: David Fletcher! Glad he's still going. I've got a great memory of him. When I was a little lad, and ridiculed at school for my geeky obsessions with various wars and tanks/aircraft of WW2, my parents took me to Bovington Tank Museum - which was heaven: in those days you could climb on the tanks outside. While I was going round the tanks, probably spouting off like the abominable little know-all that I was, I spotted a member of staff, a young David Fletcher and possibly asked some smartass question. He knelt down to my level, and we had a tank expert to tank expert conversation for a long time. Where he gently put me right, but also fired my enthusiasm for AFVs. I'm very grateful, as he was the first adult who didn't think my fascination for these things was odd, geeky, strange. A good bloke! :)

OMG: David Fletcher! Glad he's still going. I've got a great memory of him. When I was a little lad, and ridiculed at school for my geeky obsessions with various wars and tanks/aircraft of WW2, my parents took me to Bovington Tank Museum - which was heaven: in those days you could climb on the tanks outside. While I was going round the tanks, probably spouting off like the abominable little know-all that I was, I spotted a member of staff, a young David Fletcher and possibly asked some smartass question. He knelt down to my level, and we had a tank expert to tank expert conversation for a long time. Where he gently put me right, but also fired my enthusiasm for AFVs. I'm very grateful, as he was the first adult who didn't think my fascination for these things was odd, geeky, strange. A good bloke! :)
You probably made his day too :)

Back