Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM crashes upon start

RichieRich

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi! Just wondering if anybody has an issue with the large or huge scenarios crashing upon loading? My computer is 5 1/2 years old, so I don't think it's my computer because this is a recent issue. I always keep my drivers up to date, and download all patches. I am not tech savvy, so anyone with any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Hi Red Wolf. Is there a way I can pull up my computer specs to help you out? These are generally member published scenarios and they include all the Combat Mission titles, from Red Thunder to Final Blitzkrieg. I have a PC as well.

16mb RAM , I4 core processor, and 8mb on a video.... that should cover 90% of whats out there.... there are some nVidia settings that let you up quality of graphics... they were posted a while ago somewhere.... also kill anti virus if your doing vs Ai

16mb RAM , I4 core processor, and 8mb on a video.... that should cover 90% of whats out there.... there are some nVidia settings that let you up quality of graphics... they were posted a while ago somewhere.... also kill anti virus if your doing vs Ai
I have BitDefender. This won't interact well with the AI? I didn't know that. Thank you.

Fredrocker, how do I find out all the data you mentioned in your post, RAM, processor, video, etc.....

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVidiaGeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8700K CPU

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVidiaGeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8700K CPU
Thats almost a dupe of what I run.... you should have no problem... at this point Im out sorry....

Nice rig

It could be a graphics card problem if it was working before. Have you recently updated the drivers?

It could be a graphics card problem if it was working before. Have you recently updated the drivers?
Yes, not too long ago as a matter of fact. I just got done trying the CMFI Duel in the Dessert scenario that the game kept crashing on. This time I turned my BitDefender off and tried running the scenario. It loaded and started this time, but then froze. Couldn't get it to run even w/o my anti-virus running.

So, were the games running ok before you updated the driver? That happened to me once a few years back. When I reverted back to the old driver the problem went away. Can't remember how to do it but you could google it and give it a try.

So, were the games running ok before you updated the driver? That happened to me once a few years back. When I reverted back to the old driver the problem went away. Can't remember how to do it but you could google it and give it a try.
Yes, they ran well before. Hmm, okay. Would this be my NVidia graphics card I'd rollback?

Yes, the latest driver to the NVidia card. If the new driver is causing the problem though you might expect it to affect the smaller scenarios too. Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal to do and you can always reinstall the new driver, if it doesn't fix the problem.

Shady Side and One Ping (and several others) have had this issue with CMCW and and CMBN after patching. Both have worked with Elvis @ battlefront and pelican pal at the discord with no solution in sight.

I see more and more people having this issue so if you find a cure please post about it.

PS

We reinstalled everything several times, rolled back and forward on drivers and checked all peripherals and suggested solutions for at least 4 months with no solution.

Interesting. I too have noticed a change with my cm games. I usually start every game that has a turn, then load a turn in each of those games. I can finish a turn and then swap right to another by alt tabbing while the game saves & sends (I have a process to stop the game from crashing when I alt tab).
Until recently I've been able to load up all my turns/games at once. Now I can do 2 games max before I get an "out of memory" error. What gives nvidia? Where did my Vram go? What did we all pay for when we bought these insane cards?
Rtx 3060ti
16gb

Yep, tried and tried and still crashes. To bad because some of these scenarios look like they would be nice to play.

Back