Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM crashes upon start

Yep, tried and tried and still crashes. To bad because some of these scenarios look like they would be nice to play.
Hard reinstalling of graphics drivers might be an option. My system is lower spec except for GPU (3080 now), but before that I had a 1080 as well. Haven't encountered such issues with any scenario using 3080 or 1080. Also on latest drivers.
CPU 7700K
16GB DDR4 RAM
3080 RTX
Win 10 x64

It's not complex, but it's not simple either. If you can understand instruction then you can do the process.
My recommendation:
1) Download DDU:

2) Change to Windows "Safe Mode"
Go to shut down your PC like normal in the bottom left menu. Instead of shutting down, hold SHIFT and click RESTART at the same time.
A blue screen will show up. You want to click "troubleshoot" if I recall correctly. I think it's on bottom right.
After you click it, there will be a list of numbered options 1-9. You want "Safe Mode". So you will use the corresponding F key to that number (I.e. press F6 for 5) on screen).
Your computer will restart into safe mode for one time.

3) Open the program DDU
- it will be in your downloads folder unless you removed it.

4) Click the recommended driver removal option
should be on the right side of the program and labeled "Recommended"

5) When completed, restart PC, go to nvidia website and download a new driver, the newest should be fine.

Your system is top tier and should be able to run anything CM, pushing the limits of the engine as I do.

It's not complex, but it's not simple either. If you can understand instruction then you can do the process.
My recommendation:
1) Download DDU:

2) Change to Windows "Safe Mode"
Go to shut down your PC like normal in the bottom left menu. Instead of shutting down, hold SHIFT and click RESTART at the same time.
A blue screen will show up. You want to click "troubleshoot" if I recall correctly. I think it's on bottom right.
After you click it, there will be a list of numbered options 1-9. You want "Safe Mode". So you will use the corresponding F key to that number (I.e. press F6 for 5) on screen).
Your computer will restart into safe mode for one time.

3) Open the program DDU
- it will be in your downloads folder unless you removed it.

4) Click the recommended driver removal option
should be on the right side of the program and labeled "Recommended"

5) When completed, restart PC, go to nvidia website and download a new driver, the newest should be fine.

Your system is top tier and should be able to run anything CM, pushing the limits of the engine as I do.
Thanks Arkin. I will give that a try this weekend. I'll give you a shout out on how it works out. :)

Back