Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN, Problems activating modules after 3.11

Ulvjager

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Got CMBN upgraded to 3.11, but only the base game and the Vehicle Pack are activated. When you pick the Active Modules after that, in which order are they supposed to go in? Seems they're asking for key for CM Battle for Normandy PC regardless of if its the base game or any of the modules/upgrades keys they're after. Any help is appreciated, getting frustrating doing guesswork from 5-6 different key codes every time

You need to re-use the activate products shortcut, and enter each time the key you got for CW, for MG etc ... all the modules need re-activating to work again, using their original keys ...

If (?) you got the full installer download for 3.11 (the 10 gig file), then all the module etc content is in that package: you don't need your original install files again, just to unlock the module content from the full installer.

Make sense?

They sure know how to confuse you, I ordered 3.0 and the Vehicle Pack, that's the one's I installed, but in game it says v 3 11, game engine 3, on the load screen, so that makes me wonder if they included 3.11 on the disc even though Vehicle Pack is 3.10, right. And the two of them were all on one disc. Downloading the 3.11 patch now but it won't take any of my keys when I try to activate the rest of the modules, even with Norton AV and Firewall shut off. If they didn't make such splendid games I'd uninstall the lot and say to hell with it

If you are trying the v3.11 patch, I don't think you need to, and that *may* be what is confusing things ...

Just by way of background: AFAIK, to avoid people buying, say, v3.0 and then immediately having to patch the game because, say, v3.10 patch was already out ... they have moved to having the download:

- always being at the latest patch version of the game;
- using the "master installer" (approx. 10 gig) download, which includes ALL then-current content, of which you need to unlock the content you have bought.

So, not sure whether they have yet had time to make the - nominally - "v3.0" download into the very latest v3.12 yet; but it will (AFAIK) already be at v3.11 at least. So, if you buy the v3.0 / the VP, that *was* nominally v3.10 when released; but I suspect that the file now downloads v3.11 - or even v 3.12 ...

If your game screen says v3.11, then it is: you don't need the v3.11 patch. (But you may still need the v3.12 patch, as above).

Is your file the 10 gig master installer?

When you have installed that and input your key for "v 3.0" base game, you should have it working at v3.11 / v3.12, but with no modules - yet - working.

Then run the activate new products shortcut, to open a process to allow you to enter any and all module keys that already have, one after the other ... each module is unlocked in turn.

This work?

Put in a helpdesk ticket, see if that helps

Haven't tried patching to 3.11 yet, haven't downloaded it fully. And I probably don't need it, since like you say, my load screen says v 3 11. The shortcut I have is called Activate Modules but at this point it won't take any of the keys, tried the lot of them, base game, 2.0, CW, MG, 3.0, Vehicle Pack, says all are either invalid or wrong format

Last edited:
They sure know how to confuse you, I ordered 3.0 and the Vehicle Pack, that's the one's I installed, but in game it says v 3 11, game engine 3, on the load screen, so that makes me wonder if they included 3.11 on the disc even though Vehicle Pack is 3.10, right. And the two of them were all on one disc. Downloading the 3.11 patch now but it won't take any of my keys when I try to activate the rest of the modules, even with Norton AV and Firewall shut off. If they didn't make such splendid games I'd uninstall the lot and say to hell with it
In total agreement, downloaded the battle pack to upgrade at the same time, its upgraded ok but cannot activate the battlepack, it's in there as I can see the files.

It is a confusing mess. At this point, I believe BFC should just bundle all of CMBN into one big package and sell it all together for something like $50. No more separate module purchases. They could keep the battle pack separate, since it is the latest add on.

Agreed, Meat Grinder :) The helpdesk was most helpful, though. My disk with 3.0 and Vehicle Pack did have 3.11 included, as you said, PhilM. And seems something had glitched when transferring my keys for Commonwealth Forces and Market Garden to their online activating system, so they're gonna put them in manually on their end, so I should be up and running shortly, yeeeey :)

Got modules activated, Battle Pack downloaded and installed, all well that ends well, hurray :)

Last edited:
Back