Hapless

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Title says it all! I'm after a short, interesting, (relatively) balanced game.

I'm happy playing as or against any side- you can bring whoever or whatever you like as long as it doesn't have tracks and it exists on the map (ie. no off-map artillery or air support). I'm not a massive fan of rules, but Black Sea is a bit of a special crazy-future-tech case.

Electronic Warfare is cool with me- choosing a level of EW costs you points when you get to the force selector, so its your choice. I've got it all modded up to be snowy and I'm angling to make some kind of winterised video series, so more experienced players are preferable (kick my arse! Its not difficult).

The map I have in mind is Rough-Water (1008x1008) 289, which looks like this:

CM Black Sea 2019-09-14 21-23-52-333.jpg

but I'm open to ideas.

JTimo

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m game, providing your ok with an avg turn rate. Assume you are talking small QB, 30 mins. I’ll message you w/ an email address. You set up the QB. You can pick the rest. Can go to 45 if you fell that would be better.

Gnarly

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
WHAT!!!! No Tunguskas??????!!!?? Sacrilege @Hapless !!! :p

Honestly, this is my favorite way to play BS ; the battle of the scouts! Good luck - I'd love to try a game as well, but my turn rate is worse than woeful, and its been sooooo long....

Alien Heat

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
I will definitely keep an eye out for the video release (y)

Forward Recon elements, with Humvee, Tigre followed by BTR's and Styker rolling in behind with mobile mortar support and oh yes drones!!

What is there not to like? Generation Kill goes off piste.

I wouldn't regard myself as experienced enough to take part but could I just ask which winter mods can be used in CMBS?

I presume they could be kept in a folder which can be swapped in and out of the mods folder accordingly?:unsure:

Thanks

Last edited:

Hapless

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
@Gnarly Sometimes I wonder if the Tunguska is the only Russian vehicle worth taking :p

@Alien Heat I grabbed it all from here. Its all set up to work with mod tags so you just add the "snow" tag to get the snow textures in. I'm probably going to end up just going through and untagging everything though- I'm definitely in the "put folder in Z to apply mod, remove folder to disengage mod" crowd. It's only cosmetic, after all.