Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFS2 - Road to Al-Hell campaign(solo, RED vs RED)

B

Bartimeus

Hello all !

I'm glad to share with you my first solo campaign for CMFS2. In this campaign you will play the Syrian (guards troops) against unconv on 5 different battle. The main idea behind the campaign is to save a VIP and bring him back alive to safety.

I would like to thank Gnarly and Explorer who both tested one of the 5 mission in the game. A special thanks to Lethaface who tested 3 missions, help with the brief and with ideas.

For the moment i cannot post it on the deposit, so i upload it on wetransfer for the time being. Please, when the link is dead, ask me the file and i will be glad to put it back up for you.

the link : https://we.tl/t-4rZjcx88EP

All feedback are welcome(good and bad to improve the futur campaign), i know some brief are light and all are without pictures and plans, i'm very bad at those things(finding good pics and drawing plans).

I also want to tease you our next project from Lethaface and me: A campaign where we will defend Syria against oil-thisty Americans(Marines), so again a Red campaign but this time against bleu. We both think it will be interesting to turn the table from the classical campaign, it will be your turn to fight with under-equip troops and, maybe, rely on guerrilla tactic to win.

See you all !

Last edited by a moderator:
First one. The RPG monster on the hill got me ;-)

It is tempting to wait for the mortars to dig out those fanatics up there. Im taking too many casualties trying to clear them out with infantry.

First one. The RPG monster on the hill got me ;-)

It is tempting to wait for the mortars to dig out those fanatics up there. Im taking too many casualties trying to clear them out with infantry.

30mm area fire from half a dozen of BMPs are pretty decent make-shift artillery as well. :)

Yea, persistent little buggers. I finally managed to take Sawmills but the infantry has been mauled.

Waaa nice screenshot and nice resultat. How far on the map did you manage to go ?
Good luck for the rest of the campaign, hope you will not miss too much those two BMP you lost ;)

So I managed to just cross the bridge before the uncons surrendered. I didnt have to assault the sawmill or any building on that side.
I was surprised to find the enemy green or conscript. Fanatic morale makes amazing resistance regardless.

Now that I think about it some "IA planning" can lead to victory without crossing the bridge indeed....huu..something to correct for the futur(it's so much more fun after bridge ;) )

The lesson from that battle is that taking my infantry platoons prematurely across the hill to attack the sawmill is a mistake. There is too much crossfire from the far edges of the map to make it a viable option IMO. Much better to try to clear out the road for the BMPs

So, this is my first CM campaign with an intention of completion (I did some missions in task force thunder to get a feel of the game). Just finished the first two missions and am about to start the 3rd and I just wanted to say that the campaign so far seems very well-planned and has been very fun to play.

So I failed once on the first mission, as I ended up grinding down two platoons trying to cross the woods to get a base of fire on the sawmill and ended up rekt by the counterattack after hitting what I imagine was an AI trigger after crossing the bridge. Got two BMPs toasted in the middle of the tight road and my healthy platoon got attrition clearing the left woods and also hit by the counterattack. I asked for a ceasefire hoping that taking the bridge + mortar damage would be enough to get a tactical victory but it was a draw.

I went on to re-do the mission by just spamming arty and HE over the forest line in the middle and going straight to the farm, managed to put a platoon in line in the back woods and moved in with the other two, leaving only recon and half of heavy weapons to contain the forest. I though I was ok, untill the goddam counter hit me BEFORE the brigde, almost catching me with my pants down once more. At least no BMPs lost and we were in good positions when they came. Very good work there.

Second mission was also very good, the infantry counter on the left was very weak because I had a platoon holding the mortared-out checkpoint. The tank cost me 4th plt leader + IFV, but I already had infantry inside the compound and he and his accompanying infantry was neutralized before causing anymore damage. I also found a VBIED in the final screen that could REALLY have caused issues if the mortars hadn't got to him first:
1624635239675.png
1624635144047.png1624635662869.png1624635725233.pngI am very glad to not have advanced into the woods on the left out of fear of atgms from those houses in the back lol.

Anyway, congratulations on the campaign and I'll report back on the whole getting in and out of Al Hell situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Back