Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF to be 'Ported' to Updated Engine

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
For those who don't frequent the BF Forums.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=113563

Post Black Sea release, the strong support demonstrated for CMSF means BF will work on porting over the old game to the updated engine. It's apparently a lot of work and they are not even sure if the scenarios will have to be recreated from scratch. Won't be an 'upgrade' more a re-release, with some bonus/discount for people who own the previous title and modules.

CM:A - a little bit more complicated because of ownership/legals etc.

As a fan of Javelins, good news indeed. :D

Hmmm. Not sure on this one. Sounds interesting but not sure even if the new content was added that it would make me want to replay the campaigns or scenarios. Looking back over the 2.0 and 3.0 upgrades I think the ones that would make the most impact would be the "map overlay" and new "trigger" functions. This would definitely spark the scenario creators to restart their engines. Hopefully the QB gets rebuilt to the way it should have been or how it is now. Moveable waypoints are nice as is the armor arc and target briefly command. The new command lines would be cool too. But I do not think these things would really add to my experience that much if I was to replay the campaigns or scenarios. What else do you guys think would make this worth while to buy?

I just started agame of CMSF... it still holds an interest for me.
I enjoy CMSF myself but you can only play against the AI so much. If the only thing that they did was fix the multi-player I would be happy.

Would also be the chance to add any new 'features' which are included in the black sea title before hand. Helicopter insertions? I can dream can't I? The chance of having 2 Modern Era families that have the updated engine is great.

I am assuming that they will probably sell us "vehicle" packs like they are doing with CMBN in order to allow us to play the units from Shock Force and its modules in the new game. I cannot see them including them even though they are already created. So we will probably see a base game and then packs for Marines, Commonwealth, etc.

Id buy it. The engine improvements, and potential additional modules that could be made makes it very much worth while if you ask me. I very much look forward to CMBS but it will be nice to be able to portray stuff in Syra, Iraq and A-Stan with a re-release of CMSF.

I am also very happy with the news as CMSF is one of my favourites. Let's hope that these improvements can also be done for CMA.

Let's hope that these improvements can also be done for CMA.

Id love that too.. but I believe BF has said something along the line that this would be much more complicated as snowball wold have to be involved etc.

Id buy it. The engine improvements, and potential additional modules that could be made makes it very much worth while if you ask me. I very much look forward to CMBS but it will be nice to be able to portray stuff in Syra, Iraq and A-Stan with a re-release of CMSF.
This is my generation and I would really enjoy playing scenarios based on the last ten years.
Haven't seen any more news on this port.

This is my generation and I would really enjoy playing scenarios based on the last ten years.
Haven't seen any more news on this port.

Hope you havent missed combatintmans various missions set in A-stan. Very good IMO.

Im sure BF will tell us more about the upgrade of CMSF after they have released Black Sea.

They should release the port before Black Sea, this way interest in modern era combat gets sparked again and should lead to more sales of Black Sea. I only found out about the CM series when I was searching the internet for modern combat games. Since then I have purchased CMSF w/ all add-ons and almost all the WW2 stuff.

Think they are sticking with Black Sea first and pushing ahead with their initial plans regardless of the real world political situation. Brave, could get a bit dicey for the wrong reasons if things go bad in the real world. Can see misinformed headlines 'Computer Game company cashes in on the Ukraine Crisis/War.'

Personally I don't care which order they are released but dumping all the modern stuff including the CMSF ports into one family would get my vote. Would be good to have a greater variety in the modern era inside the one title so you could design fictitious scenarios, which let's face it is what you are going to be doing with a modern war title. This would (I think) also give BF more opportunity to focus on their main WW2 era which is their main audience rather than having to keep multiple modern family titles up to date.

2 cents plus sales tax. :D

Think they are sticking with Black Sea first and pushing ahead with their initial plans regardless of the real world political situation. Brave, could get a bit dicey for the wrong reasons if things go bad in the real world. Can see misinformed headlines 'Computer Game company cashes in on the Ukraine Crisis/War.'

Personally I don't care which order they are released but dumping all the modern stuff including the CMSF ports into one family would get my vote. Would be good to have a greater variety in the modern era inside the one title so you could design fictitious scenarios, which let's face it is what you are going to be doing with a modern war title. This would (I think) also give BF more opportunity to focus on their main WW2 era which is their main audience rather than having to keep multiple modern family titles up to date.

2 cents plus sales tax. :D

+1 to this.. they could up the price on the initial relese or do more moduels. The options it brings would be really cool.

I was under the impression that BF was going to do CMx2 for Shock force after the east front is done or close to being done.

There is also talk of using CMx2 shock force to maybe simulate the land battles of matrix's CMANO <------This is really a good thing.

Another note I really like CMx2 I don't care the theatre ...it's good, it's really good.

Back