Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cold War

German Army Gepard (Cheetah) AA tank in a workshop -- good looking piece of kit.

20101008183109!Flakpanzer-Gepard_(Bundeswehr).jpg

Yup, that's Berlin - in the background you can see the "Siegessäule" (victory column) and the street is the "Straße des 17. Juni" (Street of June 17th) running through Tiergarten.

Was on REFORGER 88. My first time in Germany. Of course it was West Germany back then. Landed at Ramstein Airbase about a week after the airshow disaster. Spent three weeks or so and had a great time. Was amazed at the amount of troops involved. Columns of military vehicles as far as the eye could see. Drove my tank all over the place. Ahhh....the good old days.
Lord Bane

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, U.S. Army anti-aircraft rockets sit, mounted on launchers and pointed out over the Florida Straits in Key West, Florida, on October 27, 1962.-
CTmNiV1.jpg

Last edited:
JFK speaks before reporters during a televised speech to the nation about the strategic blockade of Cuba, and his warning to the Soviet Union about missile sanctions, during the Cuban missile crisis. Oct 1962
wnjicKe.jpg

Last edited:
On october 27, 1962, at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis, second-in-command Vasilli Arkhipov (1926-1998) of the Soviet submarine B-59 refused to agree with his Captain's order to launch nuclear torpedos against US warships and setting off what might well have been a terminal superpower nuclear war.

AFA6.jpg

When the sub arrived back in Russia, the crew of the B-59 were met with trepidation. After all, they had pretty much surrendered to the Americans. Said one Russian admiral to the submariners, “‘It would have been better if you’d gone down with your ship.”

Was on REFORGER 88. My first time in Germany. Of course it was West Germany back then. Landed at Ramstein Airbase about a week after the airshow disaster. Spent three weeks or so and had a great time. Was amazed at the amount of troops involved. Columns of military vehicles as far as the eye could see. Drove my tank all over the place. Ahhh....the good old days.
Lord Bane
Reforger '88. I was in South Korea for Team Spirit '87 yes, the good old days.

The US government distributed propaganda like this during the Cold War to soothe the fears of citizens after the military strategy of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD) Doctrine was put into place, which proclaimed that if either the USA or the Soviet Union dropped a bomb, the other would drop one in retaliation, continuing until both countries were destroyed.
008.jpg

Mutual Assured Destruction: http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/ke...ategy/strategy-mutual-assured-destruction.htm

"A photo taken in Trutnov, Czechoslovakia, during a confrontation between demonstrators and the Warsaw Pact troops and tanks, which invaded the country in August of 1968".
The same place on June 2017.
HOZHfCJ.jpg

ldcVj4I.png

Back