Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Colonel Nosov's March on Germany

F

Fredrocker

Yep its Major Nosov's Father (his son commanded Major Nosov's Brigade - a CMA Campaign)

So far I have about 6 of the 18 battles of this one in the works - Maps, etc.... I am using the Sie Kommen outline for playability (Campaigns both for Axis or Soviet forces 18 battles, and a battle pack playably in either 5,12, or all 18 Scenarios {H2H}....

Will be looking for Soviet vs AI playtesters around November 15th or so...

This is a fictional campaign that will start in June of 44 and follow the movement of a fictional Recon Style Soviet force led by General Nosov, across Russia and into the German Heartland.

Should have some overview maps and an idea of the Campaign units within the next couple of weeks...

UPDATE FROM THE FRONT:

Ok it looks like the Core Units will come from the 22nd Motorize Rifle Brigade which was part of the 1st Guards Mechanized Corp of the 3rd Guards Army on the 1st Ukrainian Front, The timeframe will be from 25 June 1944 through 13 July 1944.

The battles shape up like this:

'Breakout from Korets' (ready for play test)
'Ambush at Samostrily' (ready for play test)
'The Crossroads of Horbakiv' (map complete)
'Meeting in Bila Krynytsya' (in works mapping)
'Bridge and Vodka' (map complete)
'Airbase at Rivne' (in works mapping)
'Ponebel Engagement' (ready for play test)
'Taking Bronnyky' (map complete)
'Escape from Zorya'
'Walking the Line' (ready for play test)
'Kadyshche Depot'
'Night Stalking' (ready for play test)
'Hello from Piddubtsi' (map complete)
'Town and Country'
'Lutsk City Shambles'
'Crossing the Styr' (A Big damn Map with awesome fighting)
'One More Bridge' (map complete)
'Novovolynsk City Hell'

Should have detailed OOB's for Core Unit in a few days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have one battle ready for playtest is anyone is interested drop me a line.... Looking for feedback on balance, defending AI, and entertainment.... thanx

'Breakout from Korets' (ready for play test) - Richtig (10/7)

As usual Rick you have fantastic campaigns! And I love the names you always give to the scenarios

Here are the core units for the campaign...

core.jpg

Well I have some battles ready for playtest if anyone is interested drop me a line.... Looking for feedback on balance, AI Performance, Map layout, and entertainment.... thanx

'Breakout from Korets' (ready for play test) - Richtig (10/7)
'Ambush at Samostrily' (ready for play test) -

'Ponebel Engagement' (ready for play test) - eniced73 (10/15)

Some early action from Ambush at Samostrily

Bump.... really looking for a couple testers vs AI, as I got about 3 more missions that will be done in a week or so :)

I have done one run through on Korets, but am going to do a second shortly - as I think I got real lucky first time out.

Will update you soon mate.

@Richtig @eniced73 , Just curious if you gentlemen have any feedback on the battles you have... I have a couple non-members also helping with the playtesting so if you are busy that is ok...

@Fredrocker I owe you an apology sir - as I am a bear of little brain I completely forgot I said I would help on this. I did play it through that first time (apparently that was October - where did the time go!). If I am honest I seem to only play CM Head to head at the moment and rarely find the time to play a solo game - so if you have other people available go with them - I will try and have another go - but I know it will be at least a couple of weeks before I have the free time.

SPOILER ALERT: Breakout from Koreas - Don't read any further if you are playing this scenario...

Just a had a quick look to refresh my memory on that play through (and I know now I did actually start a second one tho I didn't play it to a conclusion. My initial play and strategy was to hit the tree lines on the left of the soviet positions - it seemed to be the perfect tactic, as we caught the germans moving up or not quite looking - taking it in simple bounds I cleared the wood from here working up towards the centre - other german units gradually appeared but were each dealt with in turn. There seemed to be a movement by the germans from the area of Advance line L towards Advance Line A - due to the soviet position tho this was taken in flank and hit with artillery as was the rearmost German tree line. Having secured the left it was then relatively simple to rollup the German flank - tho in fairness I don't think I pushed to capture the last line - as I was making sure casualties remained light.

All in all it was a blast to play and felt really good - so from the soviet perspective maybe the Germans should have a we bit more for balance? Or as I said at the beginning I just got real lucky.

Hope this helps - and sorry for missing out on passing this on - some mate eh! Have a good one and keep doing what you do - brilliant work sir.

Looking for some Testers, Allies vs AI... have about 5 battles need a going through besides the Scenario Test mode I have done...

I put together some screen shots from the last few maps I have made for the campaign...

maps1.jpg

maps2.jpg

maps3.jpg

I am also still looking for a couple of play testers... :)

Back