Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

COMBAT MISSION CONVENTION!!! AUSTIN, TEXAS (14-16 AUGUST 2015)

K

kohlenklau

CMC%20Map_zpsvd9mboio.jpg

CMC_zpsj8t7du9a.jpg

This is an unofficial "get together" by fans and is in no way endorsed, recognized or supported by Battlefront (makers of fine games such as CM**, etc. etc.).

Details at this BFC thread:
http://community.battlefront.com/to...on-convention-austin-texas-14-16-august-2015/

Don't you find more guns in Texas ? :)

Edit : only joking, don't shoot at me ! There are many things I like from Texas, specially a "little old band" called ZZ Top and a once young guitar player named Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACHTUNG! Now we are shifting the timeframe to the fall weather in October. The 100F / 37C of August was not very attractive to many folks. Anybody interested in attending?

ACHTUNG! Now we are shifting the timeframe to the fall weather in October. The 100F / 37C of August was not very attractive to many folks. Anybody interested in attending?

Cuijk the Netherlands to Austin Texas = 5.144 miles :) Sorry dude

I do appreciate those real life limitations that complicate or prevent physical attendance.

I guess travel and distance is a relative thing. For example I made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs....

But really it is relative. My butt has been all over this planet and most of it on Sam's nickel. 50 countries.

Trans-oceanics? fuuu---dge....at least in the 80's... by ship about a dozen. The rest by air, none by swimming!

Enjoyed about 11 years living in Japan and about 5 in Italy.

Now relaxed in central Texas.

Travel done on my own nickel often and of course from now on...

EDIT: oh, I guess I could try for the MAC flight space-A thing when I am really old!

But anyway, okay. I can't send you or anyone else a sack of gold. You'll be there in spirit?

And once I nail down the specific dates in October I will branch this off to an e-mail thread and only to those seriously interested. :D

I am wanting to do some CM with a big screen plasma TV hot seat battle between 2 guys and we all watch and take bets.
I want to start some cool traditions we can carry forward no matter where we live or where we gather or from what nations we hail. For example, if a CMRT battle we do a shot of vodka for anytime a T-34 gets a kill? German beer for the panzers? Etc.
Mixing the fine male activity of drunken misbehavior with non-lethal simulated violence. :D

Woah that'd be awesome, but thankfully I don't need to travel to play pbem lol.
Good luck with gathering the masses dude!

I understand. It would be cool to have a "Global CM day" and all over the world, the local cells of CM players meet face to face to do the boozing, women oogling, credit card overlimit party bash of a good time with or without the CM even involved. Or we log on and watch some special event on "Global CM Day". Maybe the point is that within financial limits or time-distance reasons, you reach out to your 100km radius or an hour's drive to gather and have a good time versus an airline flight. I agree. Some day I would indeed (IF BLOODY INVITED!!) fly to meet the CM players in other countries. :D

#GlobalCombatMissionDay

Last edited by a moderator:
To make things equal between players, you should replace the beer by schnaps for the germans...

Back