Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Difference between T-90AM and T-72B3M

L

Larsen

Does anyone know the in-game difference between the two tanks? It looks like they share the same gun, same FCS, same thermal sights. But point-wise T-72 is substantially cheaper. Is it worth going for T-90M at all?

There is a difference in survivability and likely the speed and accuracy of the firing. (but not sure about that)

The best way to see the difference is to set up a test match and test the two tanks against each other and see for yourself how much the performance improves.

But if you battling Abrams, not worth paying the difference likely.

dead no matter what if hit.

Getting of rounds requires jumping from the flank with at least 2-1 odds, but prefer 3 to1 to likely get the kill.

But against other armor, a slight improvement to items mentioned.

Likely the only place it really shows up is in taking on some atgms

I think T-90am has a slightly better armor which when playing against the us does not really matter (hand held AT weapons won't kill either one, Javelin and TOW-2 kills both and Abrams kills both, well, T-90 might survive the upper hill hit). What i am most interested if T-90am spots better. Because the way i fell the game is played is whoever spots first has an advantage. Any little difference in spotting is worth the points.

IIRC the T-90AM has programmable airburst HE, better ERA , better FCS and better situational awareness/optics and other small improvements across the board. But like Slysniper said, even if the optics are better than the T-72B3 they aren't better than the situational awareness / optics of the Abrams. If it's worth it depends on the match imo. The manual is often a good place to start reading, but not necessarily an exhaustive source for the ingame performance.

Back