Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

DoubleD's Gallery

Great AARs and the best part is that you show the battle from beginning to end unlike an Aussie that we know who turns it into a year long project.

Great AARs and the best part is that you show the battle from beginning to end unlike an Aussie that we know who turns it into a year long project.

Oi! :p Nah it's good more CM Generals are jumping on YouTube. I never intended to try and 'own' that space. Good that we all have our own styles, mines sort of become the long version play by play approach (sort of like the Total War YouTubers) which I did based on early feedback when I started uploading.

DoubleD, tough fight in Italy. Was a good one to watch the other night.

AAR#1 - Steven5545 vs. myself, France 1944 (Already posted this elsewhere before realised it should go here)

<snipped the Video Link>

@ DoubleD, great AAR#1! Nicely explained and clearly narrated. Impressive execution of plan to victory.
Question: How did you get your (US) troops to maintain what you call "Weapons Hold" as they advanced?
What did you do? How does that work?
Look forward to viewing your other AAR's. Thank you!

AAR#2 - Slaughterton-McKillem, Italy 1943
<snipped - YouTube media>

@ DoubleD, great AAR#2! 15-25 minutes is a good length for these presentations.

As noted above, I too really like seeing from beginning to end. Very nicely explained with crisp and precise narration. Enjoyed your self-effacing self-assessment.

Again: How did you get your troops to maintain what you call "Weapons Hold" as they advanced until contact? What did you do? How does that work?

Also noticed you chose "veteran" level troops for both your battles. Is that a conscious choice based on past experiences? What factors make QB troop selections cost effective?

These are very nice AAR's. Thank you!

I give them a fire arc but make it a circle which you do with shift or control, can't remember which. If you use just an arc and not a circle they usually end up point the wrong direction as they move. You can adjust the size of the circle to manage when they will drop from weapons hold in case they come across an enemy or are ambushed.

Well I know a German and Dutchman who are to blame for this :D

AAR#3 - MrLongleg vs. myself, Holland 1944. A 45 minute QB with both sides engaged from minute 1 until the end. This is the first time I've had the chance to commanded the Brits in a player vs. player.

I think the main reason I find these videos enjoyable besides the informative narration is the length of the video is not too long that it becomes hard to keep intrest.

France, July 1944. The scenario 'Sticking it out' with Slaughterton-Mckillem. This is part one, I commander the Allies, I'll try and get part two out ASAP, where I command the Axis forces.

Thanks to Slaughteron for the battle and I hope people enjoy the AAR.

Hey Double,

Just watched your AAR#3 vs Mr Longleg and was very impressed by the video production, commentary and excellent choice of camera angles, use of transitions etc. What video capture and editing programs did you use?

Of note was the great sound track you had playing which I was happy to find referenced in the credits. LOL I am now using it as a mod for the intro to CMBN. How did you find that music in the first place?

I don't mind watching CM AARs but need to be careful not to reveal any "spoilers" from scenarios I might play in the future. Your battle was of course a QB so little to worry about there but it really is annoying having to stop myself from watching/reading many AARs until I either play them first myself or decide I will never play them.

Thanks for the compliment. To capture I use FRAPS, for editing I use powerdirector. It's got a lot of functionality I'll never touch, but I found the basic editors couldn't handle the high amount of editing I do to reduce the video time. They kept crashing.

I got a couple of battles in folders to turn into movies, just not enough RL time to get it done. I need to retire [emoji6]

OK, I am kind of inspired to experiment myself now.

And the music soundtrack....how did you happen across that? I was actually looking for replacement music for the modded versions I had downloaded (I think it was the based on the "Fury" soundrack") becasue I found it got too loud/crescendo like which was kinda annoying. I was wondering "where the hell to look/how to look" for a same but different thing.

When I Google the music/guy who composed the music and clicked on the Youbube it of course also shows up the suggested recommendations. It was here I discovered a composition by a guy called Hans Zimmer titled "Journey to the Line" which is just as appropriate me thinks both for use as CM music or for something like one of your AARs.

I really like the calm yet foreboding subtle undercurrents in these types of scores that alude to something just brewing under the surface that could at any moment boil over.

BTW don't retire!

Back