Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ever-Green League: now launched! Interested to join the already joined?

The league has now kicked off, in three separate threads: for 300 BC, 500 AD, and 900 AD, on the Slitherine forum, where all communication and administration will take place.

So if you interested, agree with the philosophy of the Ever-Green League, and want to join any or all of these year leagues, then post in that year's applicable thread on the Slitherine forum (links immediately above), specifying which army you select to start with.

<snipped>
Since I have just wrapped up my digital league season (did well in Late Antique, not so well in Early Medieval), I have free gaming time, so this is well timed.
Hey @Badger, fancy a classical antique battle? I'll even let you use your digital league army.
Sure am. Having clearly established a secure position in the middle ground of the DL's lowest division, I 'll take all the practice I can get.
Let's do 1600 points on a pot-luck map. I'll stay with Roman 105-25 BC with Armenian 331 BC–252 AD allies. Forma ad signa!

Sure am. Having clearly established a secure position in the middle ground of the DL's lowest division, I 'll take all the practice I can get.
Let's do 1600 points on a pot-luck map. I'll stay with Roman 105-25 BC with Armenian 331 BC–252 AD allies. Forma ad signa!
Challenge up! FGM1. I'm taking Gallic 300-101, with Samnite allies.

@olaf and @Badger73 : please also post in each of the Ever-Green League threads on the Slitherine forum which armies you'd like to start with.

Last edited:
Done. Ping me here if any problems.
Are we playing 1200 or 1600 pt matches?

All in good order. Thanks! 1600 FP adjustable for the player in the higher place (whether challenger or challenged) who will get 20 FP subtracted for each difference in places, i.e., get 1580 (1-place difference), 1560 (2-place difference), or 1540 (3-place difference).

Last edited:
The league has now kicked off, in three separate threads: for 300 BC, 500 AD, and 900 AD, on the Slitherine forum, where all communication and administration will take place.

So if you interested, agree with the philosophy of the Ever-Green League, and want to join any or all of these year leagues, then post in that year's applicable thread on the Slitherine forum (links immediately above), specifying which army you select to start with.

OK, so all players in 900 AD have submitted their starting armies, making us ready for launch! (300 BC and 500 AD are still waiting for the last army choices... Looking at you, @olaf ...! :cool: )

If you haven't yet joined but are interested and agree with the vision above and the rules, you can always do so even as the league has now started. Then write which army to start with in a post in the applicable threads on the Slitherina forum. (It's not an ever-green commitment for you, since rules allow you to join, leave, and rejoin.) Once I've put you in the table, then you're good to go! :)

Hey, I read the rules and to me it means you can only have one game (Per section). BobGanusch is telling me you can have one outgoing challenge, and one incoming challenge. But how would that work with ladder movement up and down?

I'm answering here this time, but in the future please ask questions in the Slitherine forum and the EGL threads there since there's where the communication is made and for more players in the EGL to read questions and answers.

Answer: BobGanusch is right. And the way it works is that if the player in the lower place wins the game, he takes the place that the loser holds at the time when the game is concluded, and the loser then correspondingly takes the place that the winner holds at the time when the game is concluded. And these places may differ from the ones that were held when the challenge was made. So it will work, but it will require some administrative effort at my end, and prompt and disciplined reporting of the game resolutions at all the players' end. Did that answer your question?

I'm answering here this time, but in the future please ask questions in the Slitherine forum and the EGL threads there since there's where the communication is made and for more players in the EGL to read questions and answers.

Answer: BobGanusch is right. And the way it works is that if the player in the lower place wins the game, he takes the place that the loser holds at the time when the game is concluded, and the loser then correspondingly takes the place that the winner holds at the time when the game is concluded. And these places may differ from the ones that were held when the challenge was made. So it will work, but it will require some administrative effort at my end, and prompt and disciplined reporting of the game resolutions at all the players' end. Did that answer your question?
Yes, thanks

Back