Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Fallout 3 (The way it could have been)

I may have guessed wrong about those MG rounds. May be closer to a 7-10 round burst. Needs closer examination. Still absolutely deadly though.
Signed on for an attack on the bad guys holding Container Yard. Must have been about 15 of those rascals. For a change the good guys had close to the same amount and my weapons were the best of the bunch so the most difficult part was avoiding "friendly" fire. It wasn't pretty.

In the end, besides a lot of mundane loot, I found a....CAR! And its a beauty. Of course now I need to find a regular source for gasoline. Someone asked me to find them a car so off to see what he has to say. I have enough rubs to buy me one and may go see the "Russian Used Car Dealer" thereafter. What could go wrong?

Hmm. Apparently I can't read a map. That last big fight I mentioned was at the Junkyard, not the Container yard, which is where I need to go next. Been there once before and got blasted by grenades, but I have longer range weapons now so I'm hopeful.

Had another job that asked me to eliminate three separate bandit gangs run by the "Death" siblings. Failed the first two a couple of times until a armed up a bit, but got though them. The third was a b**** as I lost 4-5 times and then they were hard to find in between defeats. My last effort was a success because Samantha threw 4 grenades that landed more or less where they were supposed to. And Hexogen sprayed the field a couple of times with MG fire to end it. That's tough one.

Then, I thought I'd do a job I'd rec'd early on, but was unsure there the hell it was located. Its in the Lost Mts. Got there to influence a local on politics only to be told his cook had disappeared. If I find him he'll sigh up. I still can't find the fellow.

In the interim I was walking around this new map and ran into a "general" who asked me to find his daughter. She'd run away. I said "OK, I can do that". She probably went someplace near a waterfall. OK, headed off towards the waterfall which was just a short way south. Ran into wolves, bandits, bears and the occasional caravan. No missing daughter. Two hrs later I said to myself F*** this! Went on Your Tube. A guy found her just south of the waterfall on the road. Hmm. Uh, there is no road south of the waterfall. Well, no, there isn't. At least not at the waterfall I'd been spending all my time at. However, the YT video revealed, upon closer examination, there was ANOTHER waterfall on the opposite side of the map!

"Oh, mTK. Never change."

At that point I had to quit and run some errands...and let my nerves calm down a bit.

Here's a small taste of what it looks like:

https://www.gog.com/game/atom_rpg_postapocalyptic_indie_game

Last edited:
Was getting a little concerned. Looked at my "journal" and there wasn't much there. Certainly nothing that might advance the main quest line. Had to go online for some help. Biggest problem was my interaction with the Mushroom Cult. Or rather my lack of interaction. To get in I needed to answer some questions about their philosophy. Was a bit casual about it and failed twice. Was then told to "Go away and don't come back." And he meant it. WTF!? Research suggests I need to go to two of their locations, find a couple of codes and that will allow me to get into their HQ bunker without mortal combat. Now how is the average player supposed to figure that out? Games like this really need to be a little more player friendly rather than doing things like this to p*** us off!

Anyway, there is an old prewar bunker on the Lost Mts map that I'd wandered around previously. I ran out of things to to there and felt like I was missing something. Yep. There is a guide at the Caravanseri front door that will take you up the Mt Pass road which is otherwise unpassable. Now here's the catch. You probably have to prod his dialogue more than once to access the key line for him to respond that he will guide you there. WTF!!! As a gamer I now need to talk to all NPCs more then once to make sure I don't miss any game changing dialogue? Uh, game designer? How many times do you recommend? FU!

Once that is done you will find and enter a huge prewar bunker that has signs the Mushroom cult has been there and recently. It looks like it may be twice the size as A.T.O.M. Bunker 317! It is so big it is easy to lose track of where you've already been. (sigh) I'm terrified I'll explore the whole thing and still fail to find the code. Stay tuned.

After one restart, that turns out to have been unnecessary, I'm making notable progress in the Bunker. I restarted thinking I'd missed an item to make a defoliant that turns out to be the way into the rest of the bunker that is otherwise blocked by a sealed door. Turns out it was a teeny-tiny jar I didn't see until I researched the problem. (sigh)

There is a nasty looking lab here with equally scary looking plant life and some kind of "Day of the Triffids" mutants. Very fast melee buggers that seemed to ignore my bullet proof vest. Instead they just enjoined munching on my leg and putting 50% hurt on me each battle, when I wasn't dying outright. Once my defoliant cleared the blocked door it led me to a cave that will eventually get me into the other bunker section. Just have 4 more "veggie varmits" to clear out. No sign of any codes.

If you come here bring a lot of anti-toxin meds. Oh, there is a nice cache of gasoline and diesel here although it weighs a ton to have to carry around.

Well, it ended with a bit of a whimper (from me) than a bang. Being unable to enlist peacefully in the Mushroom Cult (The Myecium) led me to try to find the 2nd door code in the bunker located on the Dead City map. Dead City is exactly that. Radioactive, toxic and no merchants so bring everything you need. Anyway, I'd dipped my toe in there once before and decided bandits were too strong and did a beat feet. However, that was some time ago and I felt better prepared to give it another go. Besides, if I was to get that other damned door code my choices were zero.

Paid the extortion fee to the boat captain and disembarked into ruins. Got a job to take out a bandit gang and off I went. Oh, as an aside I lost my dog. He got eaten by a Giant, mutant spider and I didn't notice him missing right away. No big loss, other than emotionally, as he is of only minimal help after you progress from the lower levels. Great help against mutant rodents, wasps and spiders. Not so much against rifle toting bad guys.

Found the bandit gang and immediately got killed. And again. And again. I'm L19 and have 102 HP when buffed. Each of the bandits is 140 HP and many are better armed. WTF? To make it worse I was outnumbered 7-3 each fight. An online search failed to find anyone else who was so stupid as to get the Cult questions wrong and banned from joining so no joy there. I'm fairly close to the end quests, but completely stopped for the moment. Some UT vids show players with significantly higher level characters. I can only see how they could have done that with mindless grinding of random bandit encounters and that would just be too boring for me.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time with this and got waay more fun for the $14.95 than expected, even with the odd stuff that happened to me. I highly recommend it. Oh, be sure to study up on the Cult questions. Really.

Back