Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory: Empires

Aaargh! Can no one get it correct? HBO Rome makes the same mistake. The legions of Rome marched beneath Aquila Argenta. Someone should severely beat Roman game graphics designers about the head and shoulders until they fully understand that Republican and Augustan Roman legionary standards and eagles were silver, not golden. Napoleonic French eagles on the other hand were highly burnished brass.

So, it appears to have strategic movement comparable to Total War or Aggressors Ancient Rome with tactical battles resolved using Fields of Glory II. Not bad.

Another trailer that doesn't show any game play. Game companies just crack me up.
The pics and description certainly make it look very big indeed. Maybe too big for me, but yeah, interested nonetheless.
Hey, @Bootie How did you come to get involved with this?

I have a press pass for Slitherine/Matrix and get behind the scenes and receive all their games for playtesting and reviews.

John Tiller Games have started supplying me with games for review also. In fact I got North Africa 1941 this evening. It was released today.

Basically Im building up a few contacts and foundations as I steer FGM through some changes I will be implementing in the next few weeks.

I couldn't be more excited for Field of Glory: Empires. This is a dream game for me. Empire management during the age of Rome coupled with realistic tactical battles. It's what I wished Rome Total War was all along. RTW is great, but this game looks like it could be really exceptional.

Looking forward to hearing about some new Tiller goodies as well! Always been a fan of those games.

This looks good, might be getting this game.

Indeed. Very good video. Looks rather deep.

Agreed.

Looks and sounds like a direct competitor to the Paradox grand strategy games. Hope they consider breaking down some of the provinces a bit more, for example, Sicily, Greece and Italy.

Back