Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG2 Digital League

So, I can only access the Mod in multi-player mode. It' doesn't show as available in solo Skirmish/Custom Battles.
Would you guys check yourselves and tell me if that's the same for you? Thanks.

You have to download three versions of the MOD. One says multiplayer in the title, and that goes in your Multiplayer folder. The other two say ‘custom’ and ‘campaign’. Those two go in the campaign folder.

@olaf,

I am really starting to think that for the league, a diverse army type is needed the most. And that can be done with some good allies. I think you have to be able to go Cav heavy or infantry heavy, with options for a good mix in between.
Indeed. You can stack up on a lot more skirmishers for instance, looking for those autobreaks later on, and therefore force your opponent to move forward more haphazardly. I think this is even more important in biblical since it has 1600 pts and a wide map. Time and space can be traded for those flanking manouvers.

In our game, if I was your side I would use the hoplites as a square formation and mostly ignore the horsearchers since your hoplites are armoured anyway. Just keep moving forward and do not let any of your units get engaged from two sides. However, if I had more skirmishers you would be forced to move to intercept them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camels are worth it imo. Elephants are glass cannons, but you need them to scare off those cataphracts.

Indeed. You can stack up on a lot more skirmishers for instance, looking for those autobreaks later on, and therefore force your opponent to move forward more haphazardly. I think this is even more important in biblical since it has 1600 pts and a wide map. Time and space can be traded for those flanking manouvers.

In our game, if I was your side I would use the hoplites as a square formation and mostly ignore the horsearchers since your hoplites are armoured anyway. Just keep moving forward and do not let any of your units get engaged from two sides. However, if I had more skirmishers you would be forced to move to intercept them.

Good points. In our game, I probably would’ve stayed in my nice anchored defense position, but since your army didn’t have great offensive options against armored spearmen, that would have ended up being a non game. Those big maps are definitely harder to manage slow heavy infantry. One wrong move and you can have a segment of your army never get back into the fight.

Bbtw, Im uploading a few of our matches on youtube. Im keeping them on private for now but let me know if you want to see any of them.

Some turns might be missing. There is no commentary or sound so you dont get to hear my thought process :)

Pretty sure there are soo many scenarios available to me that I won't suffer much if I don't have it.
I realized I'd read something about TT recently. I looked around on Steam and found this post again from the Dev about content in an upcoming patch (1.5.31) in beta.
----
Units
Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units. https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/
Added 5 new Irregular Foot units from TT Mod. (Iranian-style, Non-Iranian Middle-Eastern style, Skythian, Ligurian and Nubian.)
Added Takabara textures from TT mod.
Added Early Cataphracts from TT Mod.
Added 4 new Late Roman cavalry units from TT Mod: Clibanarii, Cavalry, Veteran Cavalry, Equites sagittarii.
Army Lists
Numerous army lists have been updated to use the new units.

Back