Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Four Dutch Houses 'Independent Building #008' Completed

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
These screen grabs show my expanded collection of independent building #008 for CMBN. The first two, numbered 008-00 and 008-01 are mods by Tanks a Lot (TaL). The others are my own mods created over TaL's originals. The last four are the new Dutch buildings. The others I created for my Pont-Hebert Normandy map and scenarios. I will upload the buildings to FGM's Mods section once all the other buildings are completed. Since the original CMBN game only included two variants for each building type (numbered 00 and 01), original game scenarios will only 'see' TaL's modifications as these are similarly numbered. To 'see' my buildings one of the following methods is necessary:
Option 1: Choose any two and renumber them 00 and 01
Option 2: Choose any two,, renumber them 00 and 01 and mod tag them either as 'France' or 'Holland'
Option 3: Install all of them and choose the buildings you want in the Scenario Editor and save the modified scenario.
My Method - Option 4: Install all of them 'as numbered' and play one of my (Kandu's) scenarios. My scenarios are all built using my own expanded building collection giving a great look.
Now back to work on two-storey building #005.

Attachments

• TAL-008-00.jpg
    TAL-008-00.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 9
  • TAL-008-01.jpg
    TAL-008-01.jpg
    843.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Kandu008-02.jpg
    Kandu008-02.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Kandu008-03.jpg
    Kandu008-03.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Kandu008-04.jpg
    Kandu008-04.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Kandu008-05.jpg
    Kandu008-05.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Kandu008-06.jpg
    Kandu008-06.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Kandu008-07.jpg
    Kandu008-07.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 9
Love them, the roof seems pretty genuine in the latter pictures, as is the brickwork and shutters. Good work! (y)

Corrected one oversight. The window sills are now brick - as they should be. Stone, lintels, sills, floors etc should be avoided as there is no natural stone in the Netherlands. It must all be imported. Thus, while you might see cobblestone roads in other countries, in the Netherlands they are of herringbone pattern laid brick.

Attachments

• SillCorrection.jpg
    SillCorrection.jpg
    890 KB · Views: 5
Good spotting. Indeed, and for the same reason also surprisingly less asphalt, since gravel is import too (no small rocky rivers and sandy beaches). There's plenty of clay to make bricks though! :LOL:

Thank you for that tip about the asphalt. I did not know that. I used to tell my boys that when I grew up in Amsterdam our roller skates had rubber wheels (in North Am. they used to be steel, now composite) because we skated on brick cobble roads. When the workers re-layed the brick roads we used to play in the sand piles when they were gone in the evening. Then about 1960 when I was briefly back in the Netherlands living with my Oma, they paved over our street with asphalt. I liked the character of the brick better. Also back then all of the front windows in our street (Kijkduinstraat) were stained glass. Now Google Earth shows me that it's all gone. Pity.

Yeah, many of those types of building have been modernized into nothingness by the social rental organizations. It isnt untill now that they are considered beautifull again (i myself used to dislike it and love the style now) and are being restored inti beautiful buildings. Bit stained glass wont find its way back. Too expensive and not environmentally friendly (too little isolation).

Back