Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Game: Labyrinth: The War On Terror

Just worked my way through the tutorials of digital version of Labyrinth: War On Terror -- spiritual successor to my fave Cold War board game Twilight Struggle -- and my brain is a little frazzled (could be the 35 C summer heat we're having here too :cool: ) ... not quite as clear and intuitive as the other game, but should be fun once I get hang of it (alsos ee how good the AI opponent is)

1609338654446.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/931950/Labyrinth_The_War_on_Terror/

Face the global war on terror in this engaging 2 player strategy game. Set against recent world events, Labyrinth portrays the U.S. efforts to counter extremists’ use of terrorist tactics, as well as the wider ideological struggle – guerrilla warfare, fundamentalist rule, regime change and more.

I'm interested in this game as I really like Twilight Struggle - one of the most elegant boardgame designs IMHO. But does it have a true AI? Maybe it was implemented just recently? My impression was that during Early Access, you had to manually work out the AI plays, like in the boardgame.

I dunno - haven’t tried it out yet - I think it’s not a true AI opponent, but a set of scripted responses to player moves?
It can't match Twilight Struggle for it's scope and breadth... but could be interesting.

I agree, Twilight Struggle is a genius design - have both board and digital versions of it.
Wouldn’t mind trying my hand again at taking on a human opponent in the digital game again one day.

Last edited:
I dunno - haven’t tried it out yet - I think it’s not a true AI opponent, but a set of scripted responses to player moves?
It can't match Twilight Struggle for it's scope and breadth... but could be interesting.

I agree, Twilight Struggle is a genius design - have both board and digital versions of it.
Wouldn’t mind trying my hand again at taking on a human opponent in the digital game again one day.
I have the boardgame too but only played it once. I have a hard time concentrating on things for hours on end, that's why turn based games suit me so well. Too bad that the TS PC game only have real time play and no PBEM.
Is there a tutorial in-game for Labyrinth?

I have the boardgame too but only played it once. I have a hard time concentrating on things for hours on end, that's why turn based games suit me so well. Too bad that the TS PC game only have real time play and no PBEM.
Is there a tutorial in-game for Labyrinth?
Yes, there is an in-game tutorial — quite helpful.

I almost purchased this last night. It is pretty inexpensive on steam. Never played but have wanted to.

@Rico I think I may have left you hanging on a game of TS a while back. Apologies!!!! Would be up for another go sometime if you would like.

I almost purchased this last night. It is pretty inexpensive on steam. Never played but have wanted to.

@Rico I think I may have left you hanging on a game of TS a while back. Apologies!!!! Would be up for another go sometime if you would like.
That would be fun - plate a bit full at the moment, but as soon as dust settles a bit, will keep it in mind.

Back