Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

German heavy/medium armour

I'm running some gunnery tests to kill time during the coronavirus lockdown. Using a Panther A as the shooter and a Sherman with the 75mm gun as the target. In a small number of tests the buttoned Sherman has spotted the open-hatch Panther first and even got off one or two shots before the Panther spots him. This last one amazingly demonstrated the ricochet problem with the gun mantle, including two separate penetration decals on the Panther.

View attachment 18985

View attachment 18986

View attachment 18987
I'm starting to see it too. I think they finally fixed the bug.

It used to be that the shot often bounced into the hull, but it didn't penetrate.

Then when they added the hit decal system, suddenly it became apparent how often this actually happens.

I think they then fixed it so that these ricochets actually have a chance of penetrating.

I thought the Maus was only ever made as a couple of prototypes that didn't leave the test facility?
IIRC correctly they were shipped off to Russia, but never made it. After some rerouting they ended up nowhere. Seem to recall a thread about it on BFC forum.

Destroyed Hummel SP gun, Eastern Front, Germany 1945

TShtvUh.jpg

Desde que apareció Pinterest, he perdido la cuenta de cuántas fotos de Tiger he visto en las que la rueda delantera exterior, o en algunos casos incluso todo el par de ruedas delanteras, han sido eliminadas por la tripulación. Es tan común que no puede ser solo daño de batalla o esperarías una distribución uniforme de las ruedas de carretera faltantes, tiene que ser por problemas con esa rueda de carretera en particular. Y también extraño, nunca he visto una foto de Panther con ruedas delanteras faltantes a pesar de que la misma suspensión y el Panther es notoriamente pesado en la nariz.

View attachment 24160

View attachment 24161

View attachment 24162
Sala de emergencia

Desde que apareció Pinterest, he perdido la cuenta de cuántas fotos de Tiger he visto en las que la rueda delantera exterior, o en algunos casos incluso todo el par de ruedas delanteras, han sido eliminadas por la tripulación. Es tan común que no puede ser solo daño de batalla o esperarías una distribución uniforme de las ruedas de carretera faltantes, tiene que ser por problemas con esa rueda de carretera en particular. Y también extraño, nunca he visto una foto de Panther con ruedas delanteras faltantes a pesar de que la misma suspensión y el Panther es notoriamente pesado en la nariz.

View attachment 24160

View attachment 24161

View attachment 24162

View attachment 24163
Sala de emergencias
Ever since Pinterest came along I have lost count of how many Tiger photos I've seen in which the front outer roadwheel, or in some cases even the entire front roadwheel pair, have been removed by the crew. It's so common that it can't just be battle damage or you would expect an even distribution of missing roadwheels, it has to be from problems with that particular roadwheel. And also odd, I have never once seen a Panther photo with missing front roadwheels despite the same suspension and the Panther being notoriously nose-heavy.

View attachment 24160

View attachment 24161

View attachment 24162

View attachment 24163
Fue una práctica habitual entre las tripulaciones de Tiger 1 "Early" ya que la nieve atascaba el tren delantero justo en esa rueda exterior (1) depues de la motriz, un saludo

Back